Skip to main content Skip to navigation


For staff who plan to come to the UK with their family Warwick Accommodation offer a range of family housing, flats and houses on campus and a limited number of properties at Wellesbourne Crop Centre. The Staff and Family pages on their website give details of accommodation available for couples and families, information on the local area, and how to apply for housing. Warwick Accommodation may be able to advise you as to how to find suitable accommodation off campus. Local estate agents can provide you with lists, and the local papers (Coventry Evening Telegraph and the Leamington Courier) also advertise properties on certain days of the week. Rightmove is also a useful website to look at to find local accommodation.

If you are renting property, you can register your details with a letting agent. Letting agencies that are a member of a professional body, such as ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) or the National Approved Letting Scheme, have to comply with a code of conduct and you can lodge a complaint if you are not happy with their service under this code. The Government provide an information website on privately renting accommodation. It is illegal for a letting agent to charge a fee to register for their services as they can only charge a fee once you have agreed a contract with a landlord. Before you move in, you will normally be required to pay a deposit which would cover any damage you might cause to the property while living there. Once you have vacated the property and, if there is no damage found, the deposit should be returned to you.

An inventory should be made before you move in (usually by your letting agency or landlord) which will make a note of all items of furniture included with the property and will note the general state of repair of the property and furniture.