Please note that the Blackboard Collaborate - Webinar Service platform is retired as of 1st July 2022. After this date, AV Services will reject any new requests for Webinar bookings.
All existing sessions will remain operational after this date and self service support content will still be published, however any requests to modify existing bookings for existing customers will be handled on a case by case basis and may be subject to the request being declined. We recommend all new and existing customers utilise the Microsoft Teams platform.
Blackboard Collaborate is a simple, convenient, and reliable webinar service built for education, training and meetings.
Engage with the material and your participants. Thanks to it's robust collaboration and webinar tools, everyone feels like they're in the same room together, regardless of their location or device.
Accessing Blackboard Collaborate Webinar
Getting Started and Basics
Blackboard Collaborate webinars operate using three main roles: Moderator, Presenter and Guest/Participant.
As Moderator you are responsible for running the session and sharing the session link as appropriate.
Create polls & breakout groups and manage live closed captioning.
Presenters can upload, share, edit, and stop sharing content. You can also see hand raise notifications and can lower hands.
Anyone who joins the webinar without either of the ‘Moderator’ or ‘Presenter’ assigned roles will join as a ‘guest’.
The link that guests can join form is dispersed via the Moderator.
Please note: this hyperlink is not secure and can be forwarded to other people.
Audio and Video
You must give the internet browser permission to use audio and video to participate in a session. This is necessary so that you are both seen and heard.
You'll be asked to do this when you first join a session or when you first go to share your audio or video.
- Join the session either as Moderator or Presenter
- Open Collaborate panel (Purple button in the bottom right corner)
- Click on the ‘Share Content’ tab
- Either upload a file using ‘Share Files’ or ‘Share Application/Screen’
Only moderators can turn recording on in sessions. Recorded sessions are compressed and saved as MP4s.
Recordings include activity in the live session.
- Audio content
- Any content shared or active speaker video. If both are shared during the session, only the content shared is recorded.
- Captions entered during the live session or added later by a moderator. Only one caption track is available. If your session had more than one caption track, only the first available one is captured.
- Chat messages in the Everyone channel. Private messages and chat messages in breakout groups are not recorded.
How to Record
- Join the session as the Moderator
- Open Session menu (Top left)
- Choose the first option Start Recording
- After the recording has finished and the session has ended the Moderator will receive an email with a link to the recording. Please allow 24 hours after the session has ended for the recording to finish processing before you will receive an email. If you are the Moderator and do not receive an email after this period, please contact us.
- The recording can be downloaded through the ‘Recording Menu’ on the left hand side.