The University's email policy limits incoming and outgoing file attachments to a maximum size of 10 MB. By using Files.Warwick, another Warwick member or external user can send a file up to 4.5 GB in size. There are three ways that someone can send you a file using Files.Warwick.
You provide your sendto address
- If you don't already have a file space, follow the instructions in: How do I access my personal file space?
Your file space includes a page where other people can upload files to share with you. Give the other person the web address (URL) of this page. For example, if your file space name is
janedoe, the URL of the sendto page would be:
The sendto URLs for all of your file spaces are shown on your Files.Warwick home page.
- The other person visits your sendto page and uploads a file. You receive an email notification when someone uploads a file.
They send files stored in their file space
- The person who wants to send you a file uploads the file to their file space.
- They select the Send button in the menu bar, choose the recipients and enter a message. (See the instructions: How do I send a file or folder?)
Via Files.Warwick home page
Non-University members can send files to University members as follows:
- Go to files.warwick.ac.uk
- Select the link Upload a file for someone at Warwick.
- In the pop-up window, start typing a few letters of the person's name. Select the person's name from the list of suggestions.
- Enter your name, email address and a message to the recipient.
- Attach your file.
- Select the Upload and send file button.