The Research Staff Forum is a networking and focus group for research active colleagues.
We meet to share views on issues such as learning, development and engagement and to share good practice and ideas.
All research active colleagues are welcome - if you would like to attend or have suggestions for agenda items please email us.
The Forum meets termly to:
- Find out about essential /new information about the University of Warwick that is useful to Research Active Staff (RAS).
- Find out about local and national issues relating to Research Active Staff (RAS).
- Discuss key issues with University staff.
- Influence Warwick policy and practice and help to improve the experience of being a researcher at Warwick.
- Develop representatives skills through chairing, shaping and recording discussion at the meetings and representing the views of fellow Research Active Staff (RAS).
- Have lunch and meet staff from different departments.
- Input and review the institutional Athena Swan and HR Excellence in Research submissions.
- Made the University aware of researchers' views towards the Fixed Term Employees' Regulations.
- Improved structures for communication between Research Active Staff (RAS) in departments e.g. noticeboards, meetings, representation at departmental staff meetings.
- Contributed to the documentation and processes for Personal Development Reviews.
- Campaigned for an Induction provision specifically for Research Active Staff (RAS).
- Trying to influence University policy on study leave and promotion for research staff.
- Shaping the focus of the Careers Service work for Research Active Staff (RAS).
- Facilitating involvement in national initiatives such as the Contract Researchers' Online Survey.
- Any Research Active Staff member can attend the Research Staff Forum (RSF).
- Other support staff who can contribute to the forum's work from departments such as LMD, The Library etc.
Two members of the Research Staff Forum (a representative and deputy) are appointed to attend Warwick's Research Committee. The Research Committee is part of Warwick's governance structure with a remit to advise the Senate on all matters relating to the research strategy of the University and to support the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and relevant Pro-Vice-Chancellor(s) in driving forward the agreed research strategy.
The RSF representatives on the Research Committee:
- 2021/22 - Sharifah Sekalala (representative)