A new bookselling partnership with Blackwell's
We’re pleased to announce a new online academic book service coming to campus, operated by Blackwell’s, the UK’s largest academic bookseller.
The new service is coming very soon and will replace the existing University Bookshop, which will permanently close on 24 July 2019 following summer graduation.
Blackwell’s will also be operating a pop-up bookshop at Warwick Arts Centre at the start of term one for a minimum of five weeks.
The services you can expect to enjoy from our partnership with Blackwell’s…
Price Match Guarantee
- What is this? In the pop-up bookshop all books are price matched against Waterstones, WHSmith and Amazon
- How does it work? All key texts are pre-priced to match the up-to-date Amazon price, but Blackwell’s will match the cheaper price if it changes – simply show the cheaper price in store on your phone.
- This service enables Blackwell’s to improve upon the value offered by the Student Price Match Guarantee. Where lecturers require students to purchase two or more books, Blackwell’s creates a unique book bundle which offers unbeatable value for the student
- All bundles created with University of Warwick teaching teams will be listed for reservation on www.Blackwells.co.uk and collection from the pop up shop at Warwick Arts Centre
- The average discount students obtain from the price match and bundling offers is 19% off RRP.
Access to Academic Bookselling expertise
- For a smooth transition Blackwell’s have assigned an Account Manager to work closely with academic departments. Your account manager is Katie Chapman katie.chapman@Blackwells.co.uk If you have any queries relating to reading list requirements and the pop-up bookshop please contact Katie.
Course books 2019 – 2020
- Departments and teaching staff will be able to place departmental orders for course books with Katie Chapman
- Reading lists and expected student numbers should be shared with Katie. Katie will liaise with teaching staff individually to confirm order volumes and discuss attending first day of classes and/or induction events
- If teaching staff wish to work with Blackwell’s to organise distribution of course books to students then please contact Katie Chapman.
- Staff and students can order books online and get free UK delivery to their home/postroom/department www.Blackwells.co.uk
- Separate ordering processes are in place for departmental orders – see below.
Easy ordering for University departments
- Departments can benefit from a streamlined ordering process with access to Blackwell’s catalogue of over 18 million titles and pricing according to the agreed discount levels
- Opera can be used for departmental book orders including bulk orders if student distribution is not required
- For all other queries please contact the Procurement team.