Volunteer and encourage others to get active
As an Activator you support casual, inclusive and beginner friendly sports and activity sessions on campus.
Apply now Log hours
- Earn rewards the more you do:
- 50% discount on Warwick Sport memberships (not including student club pass)
- Free Activator kit
- Personal development opportunities including coaching or officiating qualifications
- Increase your employability skills and help make your CV stand out from others
- Help to shape the Warwick Active programme and University Sport as a whole
- Gain new skills and training
- Meet new people and keep active
- Make a difference to your University
- Enjoy an Activator Awards social evening each year to celebrate your efforts.
Become an Activator
Decide on how you'd like to be involved and apply to be an Activator today.
Log your hours
Already an Activator? Make sure to log your hours after each session you run.
Activator hours log
What type of Activator are you?
Rock Up & Play
- Get involved in the 20+ Rock Up & Play sports
- Plan and deliver fun and engaging sessions in the sport of your choice.
- Make everyone feel welcomed and involved, from beginners to experienced players of the sport.
- Help to promote and grow your session, including through social media.
- Support the staff on the Active team as we pop-up at locations around campus.
- Join in with the sports and engage passers-by.
- Talk about the wider Warwick Sport programme.
- Help out at times that suit you - regular commitment isn't essential.
- Wide variety of tasks depending on which events you support.
- Help set up and take down events and registering participants.
- Help run events - you might see yourself dress up as a Zombie for our Halloween Hunt or be a tournament official for one of our many sports tournaments.
- Help to create and be responsible for your own league, including arranging fixtures.
- Main organiser and league support positions.
- Communicate information to captains.
Running & Walking
- Plan your route and lead a weekly run, jog or walk.
- Be responsible for greeting participants and making sure they feel welcome.
- Help to promote other running activities, such as the Playwaze or Tri-Grid challenges.
Have a different idea?
We are always looking to engage more people in sport and activity.
If you have an new idea on how to get people active, get in touch today.
Email warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk
Want to know more?
Take a look at our frequently asked questions, or if you still have question get in touch today.
warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk