Performance squash team
Join the elite, push past your limits and exceed both athletically and academically with the University of Warwick performance squash team.
Compete in the top division of BUCS, and get involved in a full programme for all aspects of your performance.
Apply for a squash scholarship
Available for the brightest and best talent in squash.
Got a question?
Get in touch with Steve Townsend, Head Squash Coach.
steven dot townsend at warwick dot ac dot uk
- A full, structured, weekly programme.
- Individually tailored programme to meet your sport and academic needs.
- Daily group training sessions.
- Additional individual technical and pressure sessions.
- 2-3 Strength & Conditioning (S&C) sessions per week
- Your physical training plan and S&C sessions overseen by UKSCA Coach
- Physiotherapy support
- Nutritional support
- Sports psychology support
- Lifestyle support
- Financial support of up to £1,000 for scholars
- PSA Satellite events to help players get much needed experience and ranking points on the PSA World Tour.
- Coach support at nominated tournaments throughout the season.
- Compete in the top division of the very competitive Warwickshire league weekly.
- Access six glass backed courts and an extensively equipped and spacious gym.
- Led by England Squash Level 4 High-Performance Coach, Steve Townsend
- Former Coach to numerous World top 20 players including Sarah-Jane Perry and a former EDP coach
- Lead S&C coach Blaine Clancy has extensive experience including working for New Zealand Cricket, Yorkshire Cricket, and trained Sam Ricketts to the quarter finals of the Badminton singles Commonwealth Games 2022.
- The programme is also supported by Guy Pearson ES level 3 coach.
What the coaches say
We’ve gone from strength to strength over the past few years, both with our performance levels and our offer for our players. We have a very strong group of players who are all making very positive strides towards their goals.
We are also very firmly in a position to support our players in the best possible manner, with a thorough programme and expertise right across the board in terms of the support services. If you want to excel academically and athletically then you need look no further."
Steve Townsend, Head Squash Coach
As a Platinum-Level Performance Club, Performance Squash receives the highest level of individual support on the Team Warwick Performance Program.
Our strength and conditioning team will research the principles behind world-class squash performance and will adapt these principles to be readily applied in the University Sport setting, thus allowing our Squash athletes to reduce their injury risk and to fulfil their athletic potential.”
Blaine Clancy, Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach
Find out more
Discover more about the University of Warwick Squash student clubLink opens in a new window.