- The League is organised and delivered by Warwick Sport in partnership with the University of Warwick Women’s Netball Club.
- The League will be managed by the Warwick Sport Sports Engagement Officer and supported by the UWWNC League Captain and League Officer.
- This Engagement Officer and the League Captain and League Officer will have the final say on all matters of the league.
- The Warwick Sports Engagement Officer is Eugene DeVille.
- The League Captain is Natasha (Tash) Doole.
- The League Officer is Reana Chopra .
- Each player must register individually for the league.
- The Squad may consist of between 5 to 20 players
- Squads must be finalized by the end of week 5
- At least five players must be present in order to play a match
- A game of five aside will result in the “wing” positions being removed and GS and GK playing like GA and GD.
- Players who wish to play for more than one team must register with both teams and is up to the player’s discretion who they play for should the two teams play together.
- A points system will operate to restrict the number of University of Warwick Women and Mixed Netball club players on court at any one time
- First team players regarded as 4 points, second team players as 3 points and third team players as 2 points.
- A maximum of 9 points may be reached.
3. General Rules
- Matches will consist of 4 x 10 minute quarters
- Points will be awarded as follows:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 points for a loss
- A team forfeits a game if they fail to present five team players on court within 10 minutes of the start time
- The game shall also be forfeited if the team breaks any of the rules in section 2 above
- 48 hours’ notice is required for cancellation or rearrangement of fixtures
- The cancellation should be given to the League Captain who will relay the information to the Engagement Officer
- Matches should be re-arranged within a week
- Cancellations after this deadline will automatically result in 15-0 win to the opponent
- Scores will then be uploaded by the League Captain on to the league lobster website
- Fixtures for the term will be uploaded to League Lobster and posted to the Facebook Group weekly by the League Captain
- If a team cannot make a fixture they must inform the League Captain as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the match
- If teams pull out of fixtures without adequate notice then the match will be forfeited to the opposition (see section 3) as a 15-0 win
- The date, time and location of fixture can only be changed with the permission of the League organisers
5. League Position
League position shall be decided upon:
- Points obtained
- Matches won
- Goal difference
- Disputes shall be put to the League Captain and resolved.
- The League Captain’s decision is final
- Any cancellations, queries or disputes are to be sent to the League Captain who shall discuss with the other organisers of the League.
- Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate.
- This may include, but is not limited to;
- Suspension of players
- Loss of points
- Exclusion from the competition
- Such penalties are subject to the approval of the Engagement Officer, League Captain and League Officer, whose decision is final.
- We would like to remind all players that umpires give up their free time to partake in the League and without them the games would not happen. They should be treated with respect at all times and failing this will lead to actions being taken.
8. Refunds policy
- League refunds will only be issued if Warwick Sport are required to cancel the league for any reason such as another Lockdown occurring whereby it will be impossible to complete the league.
- Should Warwick Sport be required to cancel the league for any reason, a refund will be issued on a pro rata basis (amount allocated to each scheduled game) and NOT the initial fee paid upon entry into the league.
- Refunds will not be issued for teams failing to attend fixtures at any point during the time allocated for the league.
- Where possible and as long as enough notice (48+ hours) is provided to the league organiser (Natasha Doole) and Warwick Sport will reschedule the fixture for a date and time during the same term. It is the team’s responsibility to turn up and attend the rescheduled game.
- Warwick Sport will not refund any teams who fail to turn up to rescheduled games.
To prevent minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19 we request the following.
Prior to leaving your house to take part in the league, all individuals should go through a process of self-screening on a match to match basis. Please check that you:
- Do not have symptoms of a high temperature (feeling hot, feeling cold, shivers and/or feeling under the weather).
- Do not have a new or persistent cough.
- You do not have a loss of taste or smell.
- You have not been in contact with a person with suspected Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- You have not been advised to self-isolate due to a third party from another setting (i.e. school) that has been infected with Covid-19. No one within your household has Covid-19 symptoms as outlined above, which would require the whole household to go into isolation as guided by the UK Government.
- You have not returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days that the UK Government requires people to quarantine on return – A non-travel bridge as defined by the UK Government.
Once you have successfully gone through the process of self-screening and are able to compete, we ask that you:
- Arrive at the venue ready to compete. This to avoid congregating in the changing rooms.
- Maintain social distancing whilst entering the venue.
- Wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
During the Game, we ask that you:
- Maintain social distancing where possible, especially when the shuttle is out of play.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sanitise your hands at the beginning of each set
After your game has finished we ask that you:
- Sanitise your hands.
- Leave the venue maintaining social distancing