1. General Rules
Tuesdays 6-8pm on the Cryfield 4G Pitch.
- Games 1 & 2 will be from 6.15pm-6.30pm
- Games 3 & 4 will be from 6.45pm-7.00pm
- Games 5 & 6 will be from 7.15pm-7.30pm
- Games 7 & 8 will be 7.45pm-8.00pm
Each game will take place within one half of a full rugby pitch. This is to ensure that everyone gets a game each week.
The men’s and women’s leagues will play concurrently.
The weekly Rock Up and Play sessions (Tuesdays 5-6pm on the Cryfield 4G) can act as an introduction to the sport should your players like one.
Before each match begins, there will be a 15-minute grace period to allow players to warm up on the pitch. We advise that players arrive at the 4G 15 minutes before their game in their playing kit to avoid delays.
Match points will be awarded as follows:
- 5 points per try
League points will be awarded as follows:
- 5 points for win (walkover)
- 5 points for win (points)
- 3 points for draw
- 1 point for loss (within one try)
- 0 points for loss (greater than one try)
- 0 points for loss (walkover)
The winner will be decided at the end of the league based on total league points. In the event of a tie the following metrics will be used: tries scored, tries conceded, final match.
If a team fails to show up with at least 5 players, they will be required to forfeit the match, leading to their opposition winning via walkover.
- The squad may consist of between 7 and 10 players, with a minimum of 5 players forming a team for each match.
- Once the team captain has registered the team, all other team members are required to sign up. The captain will be emailed about this process after registering their team.
- All players are expected to register their participation to enable Warwick Sport to follow Government guidance and Covid-19 policies including track and trace.
- Teams with unregistered players may potentially be removed from the league. Random spot checks will take place throughout the league to ensure all participants are registered.
- Each team is restricted to two first team university players, or three second/third team players.
Given the expected number of participants this term, we are conducting the league with a minimum of 6 women’s teams and 6 men’s teams of around 7-10 people. It is the responsibility of the captains to ensure that the league is an exclusive experience. If you feel like you are not being included in the team, please message the Organiser, Em James (Emma dot James at warwick dot ac dot uk).
Should a team, or players from a team, indulge in any actions that are deemed by the organisers to be detrimental to the good spirit of the league, then the organisers are entitled to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, suspension of players, loss of points, or exclusion from the competition. Such penalties are subject to the approval of the League Organiser, whose decision is final.
To prevent minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19 we request the following.
Prior to leaving your house to take part in the league, all individuals should go through a process of self-screening on a match to match basis. Please check that you:
- Do not have symptoms of a high temperature (feeling hot, feeling cold, shivers and/or feeling under the weather).
- Do not have a new or persistent cough.
- You do not have a loss of taste or smell.
- You have not been in contact with a person with suspected Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- You have not been advised to self-isolate due to a third party from another setting (i.e. school) that has been infected with Covid-19. No one within your household has Covid-19 symptoms as outlined above, which would require the whole household to go into isolation as guided by the UK Government.
- You have not returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days that the UK Government requires people to quarantine on return – A non-travel bridge as defined by the UK Government.
Once you have successfully gone through the process of self-screening and are able to compete, we ask that you:
- Arrive at the venue ready to compete. This to avoid congregating in the changing rooms.
- Maintain social distancing whilst entering the venue.
- Wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
During the Game, we ask that you:
- Maintain social distancing where possible, especially when the shuttle is out of play.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Sanitise your hands at the beginning of each set
After your game has finished we ask that you:
- Sanitise your hands.
- Leave the venue maintaining social distancing
If you have any questions on the league contact eugene dot deville at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Good luck and enjoy everyone.