To celebrate to launch of Warwick Moves+ all food and drink rewards have been discounted for a limited time
Run, swim, walk and cycle to earn points.
Turn your points into lots of different prizes.
Go head-to-head and compete in a range of active challenges.
Share your Moves+ ideas with us
Have you got an idea for an activity Challenge that we can run for our student and staff community? Do you want to make a suggestion of how Warwick Moves+ can be even better? Please get in touch.
Email moves at warwick dot ac dot uk
Points are not syncing from Garmin tracker
- Disconnect your tracker, log out of Moves+ and delete the app
- Go to your Garmin app and revoke access to Moves+
- Garmin Settings > Accounts > ‘Manage Data’ > ‘Manage Third-Party Apps’ > revoke access to Moves (if it appears in the list)
- Reinstall Moves+ and login (do not connect tracker yet)
- Ensure sync is is enabled on Fitbit
- Garmin app > View account > Select the Garmin tracker > Check sync is turned on to All-day sync enabled and preferably turn on ‘Always Connected’
- Complete some activity and open Garmin to check that your tracker is showing up-to-date activity for today.
Why is the number of steps on moves different to my tracker app?
- This is due to the way watches record data and what is then sent to the Moves platform. When a wearable device logs an activity, it shows the user the ‘Perceived’ activity (e.g. you completed 10,000 steps today). When the tracker is sent to Moves, the data that is sent is the ‘Actual’ activity (e.g. 8,000 steps). Therefore, it is only possible for us to show the ‘Perceived’ rather than ‘Actual’ steps on our platform.
I'm logged out of my account and cannot log back in
- Try deleting the app, reinstalling and logging in again.
- If this doesn’t work, please ensure you are logging into the correct institution by selecting WarwickMoves+ and not Moves at the top of the institution list.
- Ensure you are using the @warwick.ac.uk email address which you registered with originally, and make sure you are not adding a space after this.
My points are not syncing with Google Fit
- Disconnect the tracker in the Moves app (Edit profile -> Disconnect tracker)
- On your device go to Phone settings
- Select Accounts -> Select Google / Gmail account linked to your Google Fit (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click ‘Account Sync’. Ensure that the toggle or setting ‘Turn Google Fit Data on’ is set to ‘On’
- Go to Google Fit settings and check that measurements for activities are in miles (rather than km).
- Re-connect Google Fit in the Moves app.
Activity is not syncing
Unfortunately, it is not possible to sync manually added data. For example, if an activity is added to Strava manually it will not sync to the Moves App.
- Only tracked activity from the device will be synced across.
- If you are experiencing problems with the syncing from a tracker then please try removing your tracker and re-installing. We suggest doing this overnight so any activity completed in the time where no tracker is connected is minimal.
- If there are still issues with syncing after this please try syncing with an alternative tracker. Some models or makes of devices can impact the tracking depending on configuration. Unfortunately this is not something that Warwick Moves can resolve as the app was configured by OpenPlay.