"I started flat-water kayaking to compete in a 125-mile charity ultra marathon three years ago. It didn’t take long to realise that grinding out a session whilst watching the sunrise and set from the river had an un-equalled appeal to me. Following two years of training, I achieved my first international selection for the GB development trip to the German Nationals, and another trip to the Sanabria International K4 Cup just a couple months later.
My favourite part of training is the long, misty winter sessions, focussing on my technique and feeling the run of the boat whilst paddling through beautiful surroundings. The Warwick Sports Scholarship Program has provided me with an enormous support network that has allowed me to keep chasing down my sporting goals whilst undertaking my degree. Outside of paddling I am known for my love of ice cream – the ice cream van at the National Water Sports Centre is often a highlight of my weekend!"
- 2019 Marathon U23 Nationals – K1 and K2 Silver
- 2019 Sprint U23 Nationals – K1 1000m Silver, K2 500m Gold
- 2019 4th at the Sanabria International K4 Cup
- 2018 German National K1 & K2 Marathon National Champion
- 2018 5th at the Sanabria International K4 Cup
- 2018 U23 K2 500m Nationals Silver
Interested in becoming a sporting scholar yourself?
We aim to help you maintain an elite level sporting career alongside studying at the University of Warwick.