We’re changing who can use some of our car parks and increasing short-stay parking capacity to accommodate increased demand at the start of term. Find out which car parks are changing
From 1st October, all ‘Pay and Display’ machines will be suspended and you won’t be able to pay with cash anymore. We’re replacing our old system with a new cashless, touchless ‘Pay by Phone’ scheme. See how to use cashless payments
For all members using the Tennis Centre parking in the Westwood Campus Car Park will be entitled to up to 4 hours free parking. Unlike the Sports & Wellness Hub the Tennis Centre Car Park operates a one-time pass process.
- On purchasing a membership all members will be required to submit their vehicle details on to the community car parking form.
- All members must park their car and come into the Tennis Centre reception for a parking pass.
- The reception team will check that they are a member and that they have a booking and will add the current time and date on an official car parking pass.
- The member must return to their car and display this clearly.
All income will be reinvested into smart parking infrastructure and into creating sustainable transport solutions to improve connections within the region. We’re bringing some exciting new transport and mobility options to campus very soon. Discover more about our future plans
There is an on-site car park at the Sports and Wellness Hub which operates a ticketless car parking system using Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) software.
All customers have the opportunity to park on-site at the Sports and Wellness Hub, however please note that charges will apply.
Parking is free for Community members for up to 4 hours only. “Community members” are public customers with a valid adult or junior community membership. Community members must register their vehicle with the Sports and Wellness Hub to enable free parking. All other customers including those with a University of Warwick Student or Staff membership are required to pay on exit.
An example of our standard Car Park charges are:
- £1.20 for 1 hour (free for community members)
- £2.40 for 2 hours (free for community members)
- £3.60 for 3 hours (free for community members)
- £4.80 for 4 hours (free for community members)
- £2.40 for each additional hour after
Please note that parking charges will apply on evenings and on weekends as shown above.
After your visit to the Sports and Wellness Hub, you will be required to pay on exit at the Pay machines at the prevailing rate. At the machine, you will be prompted to enter your vehicle registration, and will then see the camera photo of the vehicle as it entered the car park, and be asked to confirm your car.
Car Park 13 at Westwood Campus is the nearest car park to the Tennis Centre. If you are a community member of the Sports and Wellness Hub and are using the Tennis Centre you may park for free up to a maximum of 4 hours.
- Please park in the lined bays only and collect a car parking pass from the Tennis Centre reception.
- The reception team will check your member ID and your Tennis Centre booking and issue a car parking pass with the current date and time.
- Please display your car parking pass clearly in your vehicle for the duration of your visit.
- The car parking pass is only valid for a maximum of 4 hours from the arrival time and date shown on the pass.
Important things to know
- When you buy a Sports and Wellness membership you must submit your vehicle details on the community car parking form. The link is on your welcome email.
- A new car parking pass is required each time you visit the Tennis Centre and use Car Park 13.
- “Community members” are public customers with a valid adult or junior community membership.
From 1st October, long-planned pricing changes will be implemented, both having been paused for some time. We are also introducing new evening and weekend charges too. See the new prices.
We’re creating new pedestrianised areas on campus to ensure you can safely socially distance and to increase space for cycling and walking. This means your driving routes around campus might need to change. A new campus map is available to help you find your way.
If you are a student who falls into the ‘high risk’ and ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ group, you may be eligible for temporary support– such as being able to gain a termly permit, which you will be charged on a monthly basis for. For further information including pricing please visit: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/carparks/permits/student_support.
University of Warwick issued parking permits are not valid in our on-site car park.
However, the new large Cryfield Village car park directly opposite the Sports and Wellness Hub is now open and available to use for staff and students with University issued parking permits. Find out more about other car parks where University parking permits are eligible.