Due to the success of the introductory Learn to Swim scheme recently introduced at Warwick Sport, in partnership with City of Coventry Swimming Club, we are now looking to recruit staff to deliver and assist with the lessons on weekends and weekday evenings.
Warwick Sport and City of Coventry Swimming Club have launched a Learn to Swim Scheme, using the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework, to deliver lessons to children of 4 years old upwards. There is also the opportunity to expand into delivering Duckling lessons to children under 4, and also one to one lessons.
Job Description – Lead Teacher
- Deliver fun and inspiring lessons to children, ranging from pre-school water confidence, to competent swimmers looking to acquire skills necessary to join a competitive swimming environment.
- Deliver exceptional customer care to swimmers and family members, both in and out of the water.
- Assess swimmers using the Swim England (ASA) Learn to Swim Framework, and use technology to track progress.
- Be a positive role model for young people and able to inspire and create confidence while maintaining a disciplined and safe environment.
- Smart and self-disciplined.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development through CPD training, observation and feedback on performance to ensure continued high standards of teaching.
- Able to supervise assistant staff effectively and provide a mentoring environment to allow them to develop their confidence and performance in a teaching environment.
- Punctual and efficient and able to work under own initiative.
- Flexible and able to cover for other teaching staff as required.
- Aware of and able to work in an environment which celebrates diversity and equal opportunities, while adhering to Safeguarding, pool operational and Health and Safety procedures.
- Qualified to Swim England or STA Level 2
- Excellent communication skills, patience and ability to keep discipline
- Customer Service focused
- Able to work with support staff to deliver a first class swimming experience
- Ability to adapt when practices or lesson delivery changes are required and committed to keeping up to date with changes in the swimming world to ensure our swimmers learn in an up to date and innovative environment
- It would also be desirable if you have knowledge or experience of delivering lessons to disabled children, including hearing or sight impairment or children on the autistic spectrum.
If you feel you have the qualities required for these roles, in the first instance, please contact swim at warwick dot ac dot uk.