Studying abroad can be both exciting and stressful.
To prepare, we recommend completing 'International Student Success' online course before travelling.
What is it?
The course is developed by Epigeum (part of SAGE Publishing) in 2022, with staff and students in UK universities.
It offers practical advice on living and studying in the UK, peer communication, confidence building, and mental health strategies.
It takes an average of 2 to 4 hours to complete the core content.
What will I learn?
The programme has four modules including:
- Preparing for student life in the UK
- Culture: Adapting and managing expectations
- Effective communication (including academic norms in the UK)
- Looking after yourself and finding support
Further info can be found here.
Why should I do it?
The course is packed full of practical tips, real student voices, and myth-busting exercises, as well as external links for extended reading and space for reflection and feedback.
It is recognised as part of the Warwick Award scheme. Completion of this course attracts 2 points towards the Award.
How do I register?
You can register for the programme from 11 September 2023, once you have a @warwick.ac.uk or @wbs.ac.uk email account.
- Visit https://courses.epigeum.com/register
- Enter your first name and surname.
- In the 'Institution specific field', enter your 7-digit Warwick student I.D. number - you can find it on your offer letter (for example, 5512345).
- Enter your Warwick email address, and choose a password which is NOT the same as your Warwick email account.
- Token: 6a803c1e (you must enter this in order to access the course).
- Complete the rest of the form and click on 'Register'.
- Check your inbox for your activation link.
- Activate your link.
Note: This is 3rd party content produced by Epigeum in collaboration with staff and students in UK universities.
What do students think?
'The course provides comprehensive information for student who are unfamiliar with the UK. From academic to social and mental problems, these are the things I would have to know before starting my life at UK.'
'I really like the interactive design of the webpage, so that I could click and view my responses.'
'I liked the finances part where it even mentioned the small thing about UNiDAYS but an important one to save money on student discounts.'
'I think this course is useful because it provides basic explanations of the things that are unfamiliar to international students, such as GP, Halls of residence and TB tests. If I do not take the course, I will have to search these words one by one.'