Pre-IFP Extended Intensive English
You will need to study this course if your English isn’t at a suitable level and you don’t meet the minimum English Language requirements for your chosen foundation programme. You can also choose to take this course if you've met the English requirements, but would like to refresh your skills ahead of the IFP course start.
Over the six week module, you will work intensively in small class sizes to improve your English and build your confidence. You can also stay on campus whilst taking this course, so it's an opportunity to settle into life in the UK, at Warwick.
Key InformationMode of Study: 15 hours class time, on-campus
Course Start: 12 August 2024 (6 weeks prior to your main IFP course)
Department: Warwick Foundation Studies
What is included in the course?
- Small class sizes so you get the attention you need to improve your skills
- Group tasks and lots of communication between you, your tutors and other students
- You will automatically progress to the Warwick IFP course you have applied for when you have completed this course - you won’t need to take an additional IELTS test
What does the course cost?
- £2,495. This is an extra charge on top of the standard Warwick IFP academic fee of £23,935 (for 2024/25).
- A deposit of £450 (non-refundable) is required as places are limited.
What do you need to apply?
These are the requirements for the Extended Intensive English course:
- An IELTS score of 5.5 overall with no component less than 5.0
- Meet all other conditions for the Warwick IFP (including academic and deposit) by 12 July 2024
How to apply
There are two ways to apply:
- If you have not yet applied for your IFP course, simply choose the option ‘with Extended Intensive English’ on the course application pages
- If you have already applied for your foundation programme, you can request to transfer on to the IFP with Extended English. You can email firstname.lastname@example.orgLink opens in a new window to request this.