Warwickshire Young Carers is a local charity working with young carers from the age of 6 upwards across the county. The charity aims to make a difference to the lives of local young carers (up to 16 years old) and young adult carers (aged 16-25) by encouraging them to take time out to relax, take a break and to realise their own dreams.
Warwickshire Young Carers is currently building an 'Aspirations Fund' to help reduce the barriers that young carers face to achieving their aspirations. The Aspirations Fund will help purchase essential equipment for young carers to move on to their next steps in work or education. Examples of the types of equipment and support the Aspirations Fund would provide include:
- Bus passes for young carers to travel to an apprenticeship until their first payday
- Shoes and clothing for job/university interviews
- Buying essential items for university accommodation (e.g. kitchenware, bedding, stationary)
- Suitable clothing for a work experience placement
- Essential stationary for a college course
The Aspirations Fund has already supported young adult carers from Warwickshire to prepare for university this academic year (including joining us here at Warwick!) If you're interested in finding out more about the Aspirations Fund or would like to donate, please head over to the charity's fundraising page.
For any questions about the fund, or you'd like to discuss the work of Warwickshire Young Carers in the local area, please contact Emily Cannon (WP Officer) at email@example.com.