Warwick offers a wide range of pastoral, academic and financial support for students who come to study here.
My name is Baljit, and I am the named contact for estranged young people at the University so that you have a single point of contact both before you get here and during your studies. I can offer you one-to-one support throughout your application and enrolment process, and then during your studies at the University. And don’t worry, we will only share your information with those who need to know, and who you agree should be informed
- Financial support for travel to Open Days/Offer Holder Open Days
- Contextual offers The University will assess you application and may contact you for evidence of your estranged status. You will need to be able to provide evidence to support your circumstances – for example, a signed letter or email from your school, Social Worker or Personal Advisor confirming you are estranged prior to taking up your place at Warwick or evidence that you have been in receipt of Income Support and Housing Benefit during your post-16 education.
- Ensure that you detail your circumstances in your personal statement
- Ensure that you are assessed as "Independent &Estranged" by Student Finance England (Wales or Northern Ireland) or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland to access further support from the University once here.
- Estranged students Bursary of £1,000 pa
- Advance payment of funds can be arranged to support transition costs if required
- Eligible for 52-week on-campus accommodation for the duration of studies if required Student accommodation & housing
- Warwick Bursary of up to £3,000 pa USB 2016-2022 Entry - Student Funding - University of Warwick
- Eligibility for Warwick Scholars Programme: Warwick Scholars undergraduate programme (for students who are estranged when joining the University)
- Priority for career enhancement activity
- Priority for the Hardship Fund Triage
- Graduation support if required
- Priority eligibility for WTMSS to support progression to PG study Warwick Taught Masters Scholarship Scheme
- Contact me (B.Gill.email@example.com) to explore your options.
- Ensure that you are assessed as "Independent &Estranged" by Student Finance England (Wales or Northern Ireland) or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland to access further support from the University once here
If you are estranged, we hope this information will be useful for you. If you have any questions, please do contact me