Support for care leavers at the University
Warwick offers a wide range of pastoral, academic and financial support for students who come to study here. My name is Baljit, and I am the named contact for care-experienced young people at the University, so that you have a single point of contact both before you get here and during your studies. I can offer you one-to-one support throughout your application and enrolment process, and then during your studies at the University. And don’t worry, we will only share your information with those who need to know, and who you agree should be informed.
Read about the Support Services available and find links to Support Networks in the menu below. You can open each section to find out more.
Make sure you tick the care experienced box on your UCAS application. The University will assess you application and may contact you for evidence of your care status. You will need to be able to provide evidence to support your circumstances – for example, a signed letter or email from your Social Worker or Personal Advisor confirming you have been in care prior to taking up your place at Warwick or evidence that you have been in receipt of Income Support and Housing Benefit during your post-16 education.
- Financial support for travel to Open Days/Offer Holder Open Days
- Contextual Offer: Contextual offers
Starting at the University
- Care Leavers Bursary of £1,000 pa
- Advance payment of funds can be arranged to support transition costs if required
- Eligible for 52-week on-campus accommodation for the duration of studies if required Student accommodation & housing
- Warwick Bursary of up to £3,000 pa USB 2016-2022 Entry - Student Funding - University of Warwick
- Eligibility for Warwick Scholars Programme: Warwick Scholars undergraduate programme
- Priority for career enhancement activity
- Priority for the Hardship Fund Triage - WHF for Full-time Undergraduates - Student Funding - University of Warwick
Graduation and beyond
- Graduation support if required
- Priority eligibility for WTMSS to support progression to PG study Warwick Taught Masters Scholarship Scheme