What events/opportunities are being held at the University?
The University runs a number of exciting opportunities and events each year targeted towards students and teachers, we post these on our events webpage which is updated regularly.
Are the events free of charge?
Yes, they are free of charge to attend.
Do you have any information, advice or guidance on Student Funding and Finance?
Yes, we have a dedicated team of Student Funding and Finance Advisors, who would be happy to answer any of your questions. For general information, advice and guidance on this subject, please see www.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/funding
Do you offer independent visits to the university?
- As a team, we don’t. However, please contact our campus visits team at campusvisits at warwick dot ac dot uk to enquire about an independent visit, they will evaluate requests like this on a case-by-case basis and it is important to note that they are subject to availability, and sometimes it is not possible to fulfil every request.
- Our campus is an open campus however, and you are free to come and visit whenever you’d like (we recommend during the week, when most of our buildings are open). See the following page for more information: warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/visits/independentvisits
How do I apply for on campus events?
If we have spaces left for our on campus events they will be advertised on our website, both on our ‘news’ section and usually on our home screen banner. If you are interested in signing up we recommend you check our website warwick.ac.uk/outreach frequently.
How can I apply for one of the outreach programmes?
Visit the programme webpage where you can find out how to apply for the specific programme. Our programmes have eligibility criteria, therefore please check to see if you are eligible before making an application.
How can I tell if I'm eligible for an outreach programme?
- We assess eligibility for our outreach programmes based on students' educational background and individual circumstances. If you are a student, or if you are advising a student, who would like to assess their likely eligibility you can use the Office for Students' postcode lookup. When you type in your postcode, you should look at the number in the first category 'POLAR4 young participation quintile' to find out if your home postcode is in a low participation neighbourhood.
- If you are still unsure if you meet the criteria for the programme, please email outreach at warwick dot ac dot uk to discuss this.
When do the applications for your summer schools open?
Applications for summer school open from around January each year. If you would like to be notified when applications open, please sign up to our ‘expression of interest’ form; warwick.ac.uk/study/outreach/whatweoffer/summer-schools/interest/
Can international students apply for your summer schools?
Sadly not, our summer schools are for students in the UK only. Please see the following webpages for more information on opportunities for international students; warwick.ac.uk/study/international or warwick.ac.uk/study/summerschool
Can anyone apply for the summer schools?
To be eligible to apply for the summer schools you must meet specific criteria, which can be found on the pages for the summer schools on our website warwick.ac.uk/study/outreach/whatweoffer/summer-schools/
It is also important to note, that whist our two Year 12 Summer Schools are open to students nationally, our Year 11 Health Sciences Summer School is limited to applicants from Coventry, Warwickshire and the West Midlands; and our Year 10 Summer School is specifically for students from Coventry and Warwickshire, with a few exceptions for those students on one of our outreach programmes (generally applications for this particular summer school usually come from a school themselves).
Would you be able to attend a Careers/HE fair at our school?
In order for us to process your request for our attendance at a careers fair at your school, please complete the form here. warwick.ac.uk/study/outreach/schoolvisitrequestform
- Please note, we will evaluate our capacity to attend based on whether we already work with you as a team, your location (being within Coventry, Warwickshire or the West Midlands), and the Widening Participation data for your school, which includes FSM, PPG and postcode information. Each request will be evaluated on a request by request basis.
- If you don’t feel you meet any of the above criteria, you request may better be directed via completing the following form: warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/visits/schools/requestform
Do you run sessions based around applying to Warwick/personal statement sessions?
Unfortunately the Outreach Team does not run these sessions, however members from our Undergraduate Admissions team will be happy to, should they be available. Requests for such sessions would be evaluated on a case by case basis, and can be made via the form found here: warwick.ac.uk/study/outreach/schoolvisitrequestform
How can I request a school visit from a specific department at the university/ build a partnership with a department?
How can I become an Experience Warwick partner school?
If you are a school within the Coventry and Warwickshire area and would like to become a partner school, please contact outreach at warwick dot ac dot uk to discuss this.
Do you offer visits to campus for individual school groups?
Yes, if you are interested in bringing a group of school children please visit our campus visit web page;
Are all the events, both on campus and in school, free?
Yes, all the events we run are free to attend.
What age groups do you work with?
We work with a wide range of students ranging from Primary school, all the way up to 6th form.