Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Confirming your details are correct

In order to attend a full-time course of study lasting over 6 months, if you do not already hold a different type of UK immigration permission that permits study, you wll normally require a Student Visa sponsored by Warwick.

By completing this form you are confirming that:

  • You hold an Unconditional Offer (and have accepted it) and
  • The personal information we hold for you is complete and correct, and
  • You have never previously been granted a UK Student visa, including Tier 4 (General) Visa or General Student Visa.

This information will be used to create a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) to enable you to apply for a Student Visa.

Please note that you will normally be required to prove that you have immigration permissions that allows study in the UK before you can begin a course at The University of Warwick (this is known as the 'right to study' check), and you must complete enrolment before the latest course start date as stated on your CAS.

If you are not sure if you require a Student visa, or, if you require further advice on the Student visa application process, please visit the Immigration Service website.

If you are in a position to now confirm that you require a CAS, have never been granted a UK Student or Tier 4 (General) Visa before, and that the personal information we hold on you is correct and complete, please complete the form below.

Please provide the passport number for the passport you intend to use in your student visa application. If you intend to renew your passport because it is about to expire, please do not apply for your CAS until you have your new passport.

Please provide the following information for the qualification and institution/university that you used to meet the conditions of your offer. e.g. Bachelor of Science from University of X. This must be awarded and the qualification used for admission to your Warwick course and will be stated on your CAS.

If you have applied for a scholarship or bursary from an external provider listed on the Warwick webpages and we we will require evidence before this information will be added to your CAS. If this is not provided, we will still issue your CAS but it will not contain scholarship details. 

Attach file
No files are currently attached.

(The EPSRC courses this applies to are MSc Diamond Science and Technology, Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing (EngD), MSc Synthetic Biology and the Oxford- Warwick Statistical course. You should also choose yes if you are studying as part of Cotutelle, Eutopia Alliance, SUSTech collaboration or the Alan Turing Institute collaboration)

The following section relates to where you intend to submit your visa application.


If you are intending to apply for your next Student Visa from within the UK, please upload a scan of your current immigration permissions using the Upload Button, e.g. your current BRP or a “share code” for your digital status. If you intend to submit your visa application in the UK, you should first check that you are eligible to do so. For more information, please refer to the Immigration Service website:

It will only be possible to issue a CAS to you to make an application from within the UK if all of the following are true (otherwise, your visa application would be rejected/refused by the UKVI):

  • Your current residential UK visa (this must not be a visit visa or permission granted outside of the immigration rules) has not expired
  • You successfully completed, or are “Highly Likely to Successfully Complete”, and your new course represents Academic Progress from, the course your previous Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Visa was granted for
  • There is no more than a 28-day gap between the expiry date of your current visa and the start date of your Warwick course
  • You must not submit your application more than 3 months before your course start date, otherwise it will be refused

If you do not meet the above criteria, you must make your new Student Visa application from the country outside of the UK where you are living.


*Priority Service*

Some visa application centres offer a priority (user pay) or super priority visa service to enable applicants to receive their visa more quickly. If you are requesting a CAS close to the start date of your course, the Admissions Service will assess whether there is still sufficient time for you to still receive your visa and arrive at Warwick by your course latest start date. Please see our information on CAS issuing deadlines here. If there is insufficient time (4 weeks + 2 days) for you to receive your visa and travel to the UK using the Standard Service,  we may only be able to issue CAS to students who will use Priority or Super-Priority visa services. Please answer the following questions regarding the priority service:


(For the purposes of issuing your CAS this is an approximate date.  You will need to put your intended travel date on your Student Visa application form and this date will be used to calculate when your Student visa will become valid. Visit our 'Length of visa granted' webpage for more information) 

When entering the UK, which airport are you most likely to arrive at? (required)

Declaration 1 (required)
Declaration 2 (required)
Declaration 3 (required)
Declaration 4 (required)
Declaration 5 (required)
Declaration 6 (required)
Declaration 7 (required)
Declaration 8 (required)

If you cannot tick all of the boxes above, do not proceed with your submission of this form. In such instances please contact our Postgraduate Admissions Services for advice at

Privacy notice
The data collected on this form will be used to update the information we hold relating to your application to study at postgraduate level at the University of Warwick and to provide you with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) if you have firmly accepted and met all conditions of your offer.

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. If you wish to submit a data subjects rights request, make a complaint or report a suspected personal data breach, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer by email at