Warwick Summer Schools are pleased to offer 5 full bursaries for students aged 15-17 (at the time of the summer school) from the UK for our Pre-University Summer School 2022.
The bursaries will cover the entire cost of the programme which is fully inclusive and includes accommodation, all meals, tuition and a full social and cultural programme. Students may require a small amount of their own spending money for trips. Successful bursary students are also eligible to apply for the reasonable costs of travel to and from the summer school from anywhere within the UK.
In order to be eligible to apply for the bursary, you must be from the UK and meet at least one of the following criteria and select these on the application form:
- Have been in receipt of (or has within the last 6 years been eligible for) free school meals
- Be in receipt of or entitled to discretionary means tested payments or 16-19 bursary or be eligible for pupil premium
- Come from a home where you will be the first in your immediate family to go to university (excluding siblings
- Have a registered disability
- Live in, or have experience of, local authority care
- Live in an area in there is a traditionally low participation in higher education (defined by home postcode)
If you have selected one of any of the criteria options 1 - 5, we need a teacher from your school to confirm your eligibility. Please ask your teacher to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation that you meet at least one of the criteria.
If you meet one or more of the above criteria, you can join our competitive application process. The five most successful applicants will be selected and offered the bursary, decisions will be made by our panel and will be final.
Applicants will be assessed in two ways:
- Personal Statement of 500 words showing why you wish to attend the summer school, your understanding of how a place on the Summer School will benefit you and showing your desire to pursue Higher Education.
- Submission of a short essay written by you on a topic relevant to the course for which you are applying – Introduction to Economics and Finance or A Taste of Social Sciences. The essay should be between 500 - 1000 words.
- Online applications should be received by Friday 29 April 2022.
- Applications will be assessed by a panel during the week commencing 2 May 2022.
- Applicants will be informed of the decisions by Friday 20 May 2022.
Please complete the online application form, tick the bursary box and complete the additional sections.