If you are a community organisation based in Coventry or Warwickshire, we would love to hear from you. We can help advertise a range of opportunities to students, from weekly volunteering to event support and short term group projects.
Who are our volunteers?
Our members are students at the University of Warwick, ranging from first year undergraduates to those undertaking research for a PhD. They come from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
Points to bear in mind when working with students:
- Students are flexible, and can often fit volunteering around their studies, this includes weekends and evenings.
- We recruit most of our volunteers at the start of the academic year in October, although it is still possible to recruit throughout the year, particularly for one-off volunteering activities.
- Students generally go home during vacation time (at Christmas, Easter and over the summer). This must be taken into account when considering the roles appropriate for a student volunteer. You should bear in mind that activity will drop off after April, when most undergraduate students have deadlines and exams - Term Dates
- Many postgraduate and international students can volunteer all year round.
Have a stall at our fair held at the end of September and meet over 1000 students
Advertise in our weekly newsletter, sent during term time to 2500 members
Website & Social Media
Promote opportunities on our website and connect with volunteers via social media.
Host a session here at the University. Get in touch and we can help you organise it.
Register your organisation with us
Register your organisation with us and we will contact you to discuss how best to promote your opportunities.
Download and fill in the registration form:
If you are looking at recruiting student volunteers to help at your upcoming event, or need help organising a one-off group volunteering project to support your organisation, get in touch with us: email@example.com
Please be aware that these are some opportunities that we cannot advertise:
- National volunteering. Warwick Volunteers is set up to support the local community around the University of Warwick. You can advertise these roles free of charge via the online careers portal myAdvantage if they meet the advertising criteria.
- Roles which would be classified as Voluntary (unpaid) Work and not Volunteering.
- Internships or paid roles. You can advertise these roles free of charge via the online careers portal myAdvantage
- Roles where volunteers will be working in an unsupervised environment e.g. visiting clients homes alone.
The Volunteering Fair was the opportunity to meet lots of students, and to network with other local organisations / charities
A partnership story
Click here to read about how student volunteers have supported Cheylesmore Good Neighbours.
The student volunteers make such a positive difference to the club when they are there. It is great to have new people to interact with and gives the club a real buzz
Gwen Peat, Kenilworth Phab Treasurer