- What volunteering activities can be counted on the certificate?
- Can volunteering in the local community through SU societies/projects be included?
- Can I count volunteering activities that take place overnight?
- I would like a certificate but have not achieved 15 hours?
- I cannot see the certificate listed on my Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)?
- I am a Lloyds Scholar, how does this affect me?
- How do I get my certificate?
Any volunteering activities linked to Warwick Volunteers. This includes:
- Activities run or supported by Warwick Volunteers.
- Activities led by external organisations listed on our website and also any advertised in our newsletter or our social media channels.
The activity needs to meet the following criteria:
- it benefits the local community. By 'community' we mean Coventry and Warwickshire, external to the University of Warwick. If the sole beneficiaries are students and staff at the university, then these hours cannot be counted on the hours log.
- it is an activity that is linked to Warwick Volunteers. It has to be an activity we support or it has been advertised in the newsletter, website etc.
We cannot count campaigning and fundraising activities on the certificate.
We cannot count volunteering through Warwick Inspire on our certificate, this is an SU led activity and is recorded separately on the HEAR.
You can only count hours when you are actively volunteering. Staying overnight at a different location does not count as active volunteering, but if there are occasions where you have to get involved with volunteering activities during the night then these can be included.
Get involved with some short term, one-day/half day volunteering opportunities, you can find these by filtering on our browse opportunities page and they are also advertised in our weekly newsletter. This is a great way to make up your volunteering hours.
If you are aged 14-25 you could also apply for the vInspired awards scheme. They issue certificates for 10, 50 and 100 hours of volunteering. You can read more about these awards at: https://vinspired.com/get-awards
Warwick Volunteers is part of Student Opportunity, so our certificate will not be listed under society activities on the HEAR.
We send a list of all Undergraduates who receive a certificate to Teaching and Quality department who coordinate the HEAR. This will appear on your HEAR in July/August. Find out more about the HEAR
Those on the Lloyds Scholars scheme can count their hours towards both HEAR and Lloyds. Contact Hannah Hodgson if you have any questions specifically about logging volunteering hours for Lloyds Scholarship Scheme.
When you log 15 hours or more on our website you will be able to download your certificate from the log hours page in the volunteering portal.