How to edit your volunteering page
- Click 'edit' next to content below to make changes
- Do not alter the title of the section (e.g. 'Banner Image' or 'Block 1 Header') - just the content underneath
- Your banner image should be 1170px wide
- Attention Message
Fun with Numbers volunteers visit primary schools to play fun maths board games with children, building confidence and making numeracy fun.
- Block 1 Header
- Block 1 text
Groups of volunteers lead weekly sessions in primary schools playing fun maths board games with children aged 4-11 years old aiming to:
Encourage pupils to have fun whilst learning
Improve numeracy skills
Increase levels of confidence and skills in maths.
- Block 2 Header
Location and Travel
- Block 2 text
Volunteers are needed for sessions in Coventry, Leamington and Kenilworth schools.
We will reimburse travel costs for this project. Visit our travel page to plan your journey to your volunteering activity.
- Block 3 header
- Block 3 text
The Fun with Numbers sessions are one hour per week for 10 weeks throughout term two. Please allow for travel time to and from your placement school.
- Block 4 header
- Block 4 text
Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate young people to want to learn. Good listening, communication and numeracy skills.
All volunteers will be required to:
- Attend ONE training session held by the project leaders: sign up now
- Complete Safeguarding training online
- Complete an Enhanced criminal background check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- In addition, if you have lived outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the past 5 years you need to obtain a criminal record check from the country you lived in. This is commonly referred to as a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’.
For more information visit our DBS page.
- Block 5 header
How to get involved
- Block 5 text
- This project is currently on hold due to the Coronavirus. However if you would be interested in volunteering on this project when it reopens please register your interest here.
- Block 6 header
Why get involved?
- Block 6 text