AGM & Elections Update
Thank-you to all those who contributed to today's annual general meeting (AGM) by preparing the various reports and documents, speaking, standing in elections, nominating or seconding someone who did, and being in attendance. Your contribution means that we can continue, grow and improve as a branch in the year ahead.
I am pleased to announce that the following members were elected at the AGM:
- Secretary - Antonia Mayers
- Chair - Sam Parr
- Treasurer - Karen Markey
- Membership Officer - Harpal Singh and Sam Parr
- Health and Safety - Antonia Mayers
- Communications Officer - Harpal Singh
- Welfare Officer - Antonia Mayers
- Steward - Lloyd Woodcock
- Steward- Carl Messenger
- Steward - Gerard Henry
- Steward - Craig Turner
We are keen to support more members take an active role within the branch, and urge any member who might wish to discuss how they can contribute to contact us. There are many ways in which members can support the branch and their fellow members, including:
- As a contact or representative for your team or area of work.
- As a health & safety rep for your team or area of work.
- As a campaigner on a workplace or equalities issue.
- As a representative for one of our self-organising groups: women, Black members, disabled members, LGBTQUA+ members, young members, and retired members.
- As an officer within the branch committee (in particular we are keen to fill the positions of Equalities Officer and Health & Safety Officer).
Please contact me via s dot j dot parr at warwick dot ac dot uk if you feel you may be able to support in one of the ways above, or any other.