Please note, the call for papers is now closed.
Papers are invited on any aspect of transcultural relationships in the Mediterranean between 1400 and 1800. They may include, but are not limited to:
- Encounters with, and perceptions of, 'other' cultures and nationalities
- Economic and socio-economic networks, including trade, agriculture, and logistics
- Religious networks, including inter-confessional/inter-religious dialogue, pilgrimage routes, missions
- Migration, exile and asylum
- Political networks, including alliances, embassies, military campaigns, and espionage
- Intellectual, scientific, and technological networks
- Literary, artistic, and musical depictions.
We invite all those interested in presenting a full-length (20-minute) paper or a work-in-progress statement (5-minute) to send their proposed title and an abstract of a maximum 250 words by 4 January 2019 to g dot pizzoni at warwick dot ac dot uk