The role of our Directors of Student Experience is to enhance your university journey by building on the support provided to you by your personal tutor, organising skills sessions and other events for the cohort.
Our Directors of Student Experience are available for one-to-one meetings with you throughout the year. You're welcome to discuss any aspect of your university experience with them - either academic or pastoral. Please do make use of such meetings as they'll be useful for both your academic progression and future plans.
In the GSD, our Directors of Student Experience are also Directors of Undergraduate Studies and Senior Tutors (existing students can find more information about these roles in the Undergraduate Handbook).
You can find some of the initiatives coordinated by our Directors of Student Experience on our Get Involved page.
Please have a look at the profiles below to make an appointment with the relevant Directors of Student Experience for the matter you'd like to discuss.
Your Directors of Student Experience
Room: R3.16 (Ramphal Building)
GSD Virtual common room 1-1:30pm every day,
or by appointment
- Peter is a Director of Student Experience, Senior Tutor, and Director of Undergraduate Studies for first-year students in GSD.
- Peter is the Director of Admissions and coordinates the Department's Open Days and Offer Holder Open Days for prospective students.
- Peter coordinates the weekly Principles and Praxis sessions. These sessions will help you adjust to the joys and demands of academic life: such as how to write and study at degree level, how to get the best out of and prepare for lectures and seminars and how to make best use of the support available elsewhere.
- Peter coordinates the Mentoring Scheme. Mentors are specially selected, trained current students who can also provide guidance and advice for first year students.
Room: R3.33 (Ramphal Building)
Office hours: GSD Virtual common room 1-1:30pm every day; one-to-one meetings 1:30-2:30 every day (please book a 15-minute slot via *this link*); or by appointment
- Gioia is a Director of Student Experience, Senior Tutor, and Director of Undergraduate Studies for honours-level students in GSD.
- Gioia coordinates the weekly Skills Sessions: how to prepare for seminars, how to improve your academic work, guidance on employability and careers, and how to make best use of the support available elsewhere.
- Gioia oversees the Monash exchange programme and the intercalated year abroad. Find out more here.
- Gioia coordinates the GSD Alumni network.
- Gioia is the academic convenor of the GSD Student-Staff liaison committee.
- You can find out more about Gioia's teaching and research interests here.