Entry for the 2021 GSD year 11 and 12* competition is now open. Entries must be submitted by midnight (UK time) on Friday 30 April 2021.
To enter the 2021 competition, please choose one of the following questions and a response:
- Do you think the society we live in can be sustainable or do we need to change our habits fundamentally?
What do you think are the biggest sustainable development challenges raised by the COVID-19 pandemic?
What would be the most desirable outcome of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26)?
- A 1,000-1,500 word essay;
- A four-minute video or podcast essay;
- A photo or a series of photos and a 500 word (maximum) commentary; or
- An artistic exploration (for example, painting, poetry, short story, short film, etc.) and a 500 word (maximum) commentary.
If you’re considering entering the competition, please ensure that you obtain support for your entry from one of your teachers. You’ll need to provide their name on the entry form.
When you’re ready, please submit your entry using the form below. Please fill in all required fields. If your submission is physical or if it’s not transferable online, please get in touch with us for advice: GlobalSustainableDev at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Please note, if you would like to submit your entry as a pair or a group, please specify this on the form below. Non-individual submissions will be judged separately from the panel. Individuals involved in group submissions must be from the same school.
If you have any further questions for us about the competition and entry, please send us a message: GlobalSustainableDev at warwick dot ac dot uk.
*Year 11 and 12 in the UK or 15 to 17 year old age group equivalent.