Report Launch: Friday 25th September 2020, 12noon - 1pm.
The University of Warwick is a world leading research institution and understands its role in tackling the SDGs spanning research impact, education, responsible operations and public engagement. In 2019, the University declared a Climate Emergency; integrating and providing a critical contribution to SDG’s forms part of our ambitious plans and goals to reach net zero carbon and build a strong society.
As part of its monitoring processes, Warwick has decided to publish an annual report on its progress towards the SDGs. It introduces a number of case studies on some of the initiatives that are contributing towards the SDGs.
Join us for the launch of the report on 25th September at 12 noon. The Provost will introduce the report before handing over to members of the group who have been involved in its production to expand on some of its key areas. There will be plenty of time for discussion, and our hope with this event is that it will offer an opportunity for the Warwick community to reflect on the progress to date and contribute to a discussion on what might come next.
The report has been overseen by a working group that is keen to promote further engagement from the academic community and inviting a broad and inclusive range of stakeholders to start a conversation.
The group includes:
- Joel Cardinal, Head of Energy and Sustainability, Estates
- David Chapman, Sustainability Champion, Estates
- Dr Frederik Dahlmann, Warwick Business School
- Professor Frances Griffiths, Warwick Medical School
- Louise Hasler, Assistant Registrar, Education Policy and Quality
- Dr Briony Jones, Warwick Interdisciplinary Research Centre for International Development
- Katherine Mayfield, Sustainability Champion, Estates
Dr Stéphanie Panichelli-Batalla, School for Cross-faculty Studies
- Professor João Porto de Albuquerque, Institute for Global Sustainable Development
- Professor Shirin Rai, Warwick Interdisciplinary Research Centre for International Development
The launch event will be held online in MS Teams. It is open to all, but we ask that you register your attendance using the below form so that we can send you a link to the meeting and a copy of the report, which will also be publicly available.
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions. Thank you for your time.