Project Background and FAQs
- 'Sustainability’ is a problematic term, which is by nature controversial. It addresses the tensions between economic, social and environmental development and combines them into a single concept. As a collective across the institution, we need to engage in a critical discourse on the challenges of educating for sustainability and integrating it into the curriculum to create globally aware and responsible graduates and citizens.
- Despite there being a wide array of sustainability initiatives and interventions which have been developed and implemented over the past few years at Warwick, student feedback indicates there remains a lack of deep engagement with sustainability education, and a perceived disconnect between the academic and professional services community.
- This project will therefore contribute to further promote climate education at Warwick and enhance best practices to transition to net zero.
- You can read more about the Challenge hereLink opens in a new window.
- You can sign up for the Challenge hereLink opens in a new window.
5th June: Deadline to register to the Challenge.
13th June – Opening competition event - First workshop (details TBC).
15th June – Second workshop (details TBC).
24th June – Deadline to entry submissions (midnight).
1st July – Shortlisted candidates will be notified.
8th July – Shortlisted entry presentations to Coventry City Council, Climate Board and WIHEA judges and final awards.
- First place: £400* + presentation at the University of Warwick and Climate Change Board at Coventry City Council.
Second place: £200*.
- Third place: £100*.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will find answers to frequently asked questions hereLink opens in a new windowLinkLink opens in a new window opens in a new windo, but please do not hesitate to get in touch or suggest edits to this document by contacting the Project Team.
Dr Lory Barile (firstname.lastname@example.org)Link opens in a new window
Nancy Olson (email@example.com)Link opens in a new window
Dr Bo Kelestyn - Design Thinking Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Challenge Team Submission
Challenge Output Guide information can be found here.Link opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window
Please submit your Challenge outputs via this pageLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window before midnight, Friday 24th June.
This is based on the Design Thinking methodology that will be used during the Challenge and The Warwick Education Strategy.