Dr Modupe Jimoh
Senior Teaching Fellow Civil Humanitarian Engineering
Modupe dot Jimoh at warwick dot ac dot uk
I am a Registered Engineer with education and practice in Civil, Water, and Environmental Engineering. My experience cuts across teaching, research, and consultancy. I am proactive in sharing evidence-based knowledge and good practices towards capacity development in Engineering for Global Development, focusing on water, sanitation, and humanitarian themes. I am also passionate about gender inclusiveness and devoted to shaping future professionals.
- 2005 BEng. Civil Engineering. University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.
- 2010 MEng. Civil Engineering. Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.
- 2015 Doctor of Philosophy: Engineering. University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom.
- 2008-2020. Senior Lecturer. Water Resources and Environment Engineering. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- 2016-2020. National Water Resource Capacity Building Network, North Central Zone, Ilorin, Nigeria.
- 2016-2017. Publicity Secretary. Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria, Ilorin Chapter.
- 2018-2019. Vice-Chairperson. Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria, Ilorin Chapter.
- 2018-2019. Community-Based Engineering Services Coordinator. University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
- Water Resources Management
- Environmental Management
- Gender Advocacy
- Humanitarian Aid and Sustainable Development
- Technology in International Development (ES2D9)
- Global Water and Sanitation Technologies (ES4B6)
- Water and Environmental Management (IL911)
- One Humanity, Shared Responsibility (IL912)
- MSc Project (IL918)
- Statics and Structures (ES196)
- Tackling Racial Inequality at Warwick: staff development programme (TRIW)
- Jimoh, M.O. and Bilewu, S.O. (2020). Safe Drinking Water Literacy: Between the drinking water company and the consumers. 6th International Symposium Knowledge and Capacity Development for Water Management. IHE Delft, May 27-29, 2020.
- Bilewu, S. O., Salami, A. W. & Jimoh M. O. (2019). Irrigation Potential of the Oyun Dam Reservoir. Journal of Engineering and Technology (UJET); Vol. 5, No 1, June 2019, pp. 74 – 84; Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.https://doi.org/10.33922/j.ujet_v5i1_9
- Surajudeen-Bakinde, N. T. and Jimoh, M. O. (2019). The Ten Percent Average: A Case Study of Females in Engineering, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria. 3rd International Conference for Women in Leadership Positions in Higher Education (Wolphe), African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, 26 - 29 November 2019.
- Jimoh M. O. (2019). A Comparison of the Hydraulic Performance of a Square and Circular Manhole. 9th International Conference on Sewer Processes & Networks, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Jimoh, M.O. and Babatola J.O. (2018) Investigative Study on The Use of De-Oiled Palm Kernel Cake for Biogas Production. Nigerian Journal of Technological Development, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria, 15(3) pp72-76. https://doi.org/10.4314/njtd.v15i3.1
- Kolade S.O., Ayanshola A.M. and Jimoh M.O. (2017). Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones in Awun Basin and Its Environs Using Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques. Nigerian Journal of Hydrological Sciences. © Nigeria Association of Hydrological Sciences, Vol 5 pp. 76-91.
- Oluwaseun, O.V, Ayanshola, A.M, and Jimoh, M.O. (2017). Design Analysis of Water Distribution Pipe Network of Royal Valley Housing Estate in Ilorin Using Arc-Gis And Epanet, Umudike Journal of Engineering and Technology (UJET), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. 3(2): pp.45-55. http://www.ujetmouau.com/wp-includes/vol3.2/6.pdf
- Mark, O., Jimoh-Ilesanmi, M.O. (2016). An Analytical Model for Solute Mixing in Surcharged Manholes. Urban Water Journal. Published in association with International Association of Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) by Taylor and Francis group, United Kingdom.https://doi.org/10.1080/1573062X.2016.1179335
- Jimoh M, Guymer I & Stovin V.R. (2014). Hydraulic Threshold Levels in Square Manholes with High Length to Pipe Diameter Ratio. 13th International Conference on Urban Drainage, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, 7 - 12 September 2014.
- Bilewu, S. O., Salami, A. W., Sule, B. F., Adeleke, O. O., Usman, A., & Jimoh, M. O. (2011). Retrofitting Asa Water Supply Dam for Hydroelectric Power Generation. Technical Report No. 6. National Centre for Hydropower Research and Development, Energy Commission of Nigeria, University of Ilorin, Ilorin.
- Olofintoye, O.O. Salami, A.W. and Jimoh, M.O. (2009). Development of a Java Programming Tool to Predict Meteorological Variables in Ibadan, Nigeria. USEP: Journal of Research Information in Civil Engineering. 6(2) pp 51-67, Published by Department of Civil Engineering University of Ilorin.
Awards and Grants
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Tetfund) Fund for Overseas Conference Attendance 2019.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant 2019.
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Tetfund) 2016-2017 Institution Based Research Fund.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Tenable in the United Kingdom (2011/2012-2014/2015).
- Esso Postgraduate Scholarship Award for Nigerian Masters' Degree (2008-2009).
- NNPC/Chevron Nigeria Ltd Undergraduate Studies Scholarship Award (2001-2005).