Dr Modupe Jimoh
Assistant Professor of Civil and Humanitarian Engineering
Modupe dot Jimoh at warwick dot ac dot uk
I am a Registered Engineer with education and practice in Civil, Water, and Environmental Engineering.
- 2005 BEng. Civil Engineering. University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria.
- 2010 MEng. Civil Engineering. Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.
- 2015 Doctor of Philosophy: Engineering. University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom.
- 2008-2020. Senior Lecturer. Water Resources and Environment Engineering. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- 2016-2020. National Water Resource Capacity Building Network, North Central Zone, Ilorin, Nigeria.
- 2016-2017. Publicity Secretary. Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria, Ilorin Chapter.
- 2018-2019. Vice-Chairperson. Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria, Ilorin Chapter.
- 2018-2019. Community-Based Engineering Services Coordinator. University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
- Administrative and Collegiate activities at Warwick
- Athena Swan champion for the School of Engineering [2021 till present].
- Member, School of Engineering, Equality and Diversity Committee [2021 till present].
- Member, Faculty of SEM, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Forum [2022 till present].
- Member, Steering Committee of the Warwick-Africa Hub
- Member, STEM Grant Challenge Education Curriculum Development Team for BSc Environmental Engineering (DA) and MSc Decarbonising the Planet [2022 till present].
- Secretary, Humanitarian Engineering MSc Exam Board [2022 till present].
- Facilitator on the Tackling Racial Inequality at Warwick staff development programme [2021 till present].
- Reviewer for the Undergraduate Research Support Scheme (URSS) [2021 till present].
- WIHEA representative on the Student Learning Experience and Engagement Committee (SLEEC) [2021 till present].
- Member of the Teaching Excellence Group (TEG) 2021/22 Panel.
- Member, Education for Sustainable Development WIHEA Learning Circle [2021 till present].
- Member, Interdisciplinary WIHEA Learning Circle [2021 till present].
- University of Warwick liaison officer for the Women Engineering Society (WES) UK [2022 till present].
- Water and Wastewater Management
- Environmental Management
- Gender Advocacy
- Humanitarian Aid and Sustainable Development
- Technology in International Development (ES2D9)- Module lead
- Water Engineering (ES3G7) - Module lead
- Global Water and Sanitation Technologies (ES4B6) - Module lead
- Water and Environmental Management (ES99C) - Module lead
- One Humanity, Shared Responsibility (ES99D) - Module lead
- MSc Project (ES99J) - Module lead
- Interactions: Environment and Genes (MD2B4) - Contributing Lecturer for Medical School module. Topic 1: Water-Related Diseases. Topic 2: Public Health Engineering in Humanitarian Contexts.
- Global Connections (IL014/IL114) - Contributing Lecturer for IATL module. Topic: Introduction to Global and Sustainable Development
- Tackling Racial Inequality at Warwick: staff development programme (TRIW)- Co-facilitator
- Jimoh, M.O. (2022). Making A Case for an Interdisciplinary Approach to Water Education Towards Sustainable Development. Proceedings of the 39th IAHR World Congress, 19–24 June 2022, Granada, Spain. doi://10.3850/IAHR-39WC2521716X20221717
- Jimoh, M. O. (2022). Spotlighting the disparity of funding, personnel and policy in Africa’s water researchLink opens in a new window. Hydrolink 2022-1 Africa. Editor: Angelos N. Findikakis; Moez Louati; David Ferras; Feleke Arega. Published by the International Association for Hydro-environment Engineering and research. ISBN: 1388-3445
- Jimoh, M. O., & Jacob-Oricha, S. O. (2022). Sustainable Management of Humanitarian Water Supply, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Interventions. In Modern Challenges and Approaches to Humanitarian Engineering (pp. 41-57). Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-9190-1.ch003Link opens in a new window
- Jimoh, M. and Abolfathi, S. (2022). Modelling pollution transport dynamics and mixing in square manhole overflows. Journal of Water Process engineering. Vol. 45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2021.102491.
- Collingwood, J., Kremmyda, G. and Jimoh, M. (2021). Women’s participation is essential to achieve global climate targets. Published by The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/womens-participation-is-essential-to-achieve-global-climate-targets-171510
- Jimoh, M.O. and Bilewu, S.O. (2020). Safe Drinking Water Literacy: Between the drinking water company and the consumers. 6th International Symposium Knowledge and Capacity Development for Water Management. IHE Delft, May 27-29, 2020.
- Bilewu, S. O., Salami, A. W. & Jimoh M. O. (2019). Irrigation Potential of the Oyun Dam Reservoir. Journal of Engineering and Technology (UJET); Vol. 5, No 1, June 2019, pp. 74 – 84; Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. https://doi.org/10.33922/j.ujet_v5i1_9
- Surajudeen-Bakinde, N. T. and Jimoh, M. O. (2019). The Ten Percent Average: A Case Study of Females in Engineering, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria. 3rd International Conference for Women in Leadership Positions in Higher Education (Wolphe), African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, 26 - 29 November 2019.
- Jimoh M. O. (2019). A Comparison of the Hydraulic Performance of a Square and Circular Manhole. 9th International Conference on Sewer Processes & Networks, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Jimoh, M.O. and Babatola J.O. (2018) Investigative Study on The Use of De-Oiled Palm Kernel Cake for Biogas Production. Nigerian Journal of Technological Development, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria, 15(3) pp72-76. https://doi.org/10.4314/njtd.v15i3.1
- Kolade S.O., Ayanshola A.M. and Jimoh M.O. (2017). Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones in Awun Basin and Its Environs Using Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques. Nigerian Journal of Hydrological Sciences. © Nigeria Association of Hydrological Sciences, Vol 5 pp. 76-91.
- Oluwaseun, O.V, Ayanshola, A.M, and Jimoh, M.O. (2017). Design Analysis of Water Distribution Pipe Network of Royal Valley Housing Estate in Ilorin Using Arc-Gis And Epanet, Umudike Journal of Engineering and Technology (UJET), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. 3(2): pp.45-55. http://www.ujetmouau.com/wp-includes/vol3.2/6.pdf
- Mark, O., Jimoh-Ilesanmi, M.O. (2016). An Analytical Model for Solute Mixing in Surcharged Manholes. Urban Water Journal. Published in association with International Association of Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) by Taylor and Francis Group, United Kingdom. https://doi.org/10.1080/1573062X.2016.1179335
- Jimoh M, Guymer I & Stovin V.R. (2014). Hydraulic Threshold Levels in Square Manholes with High Length to Pipe Diameter Ratio. 13th International Conference on Urban Drainage, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, 7 - 12 September 2014.
- Bilewu, S. O., Salami, A. W., Sule, B. F., Adeleke, O. O., Usman, A., & Jimoh, M. O. (2011). Retrofitting Asa Water Supply Dam for Hydroelectric Power Generation. Technical Report No. 6. National Centre for Hydropower Research and Development, Energy Commission of Nigeria, University of Ilorin, Ilorin.
- Olofintoye, O.O. Salami, A.W. and Jimoh, M.O. (2009). Development of a Java Programming Tool to Predict Meteorological Variables in Ibadan, Nigeria. USEP: Journal of Research Information in Civil Engineering. 6(2) pp 51-67, Published by Department of Civil Engineering University of Ilorin.
Awards and Grants
Energy, Health and Happiness. UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC), Whole Systems Networking Fund (WSNF). 2022-24
Institute of Advanced Study Visiting Professor Fellowship. University of Warwick. 2022-23
Partners in Sustainable Education. Getting Creative with Sustainability, University of Warwick 2022
Harnessing the Destructive Energy in Pine Leaf-litter for Biodiversity Regeneration. Royal Academy of Engineering. 2021-22
Safe Use of Wastewater in Agriculture. A Water-Food-Energy Nexus. Royal Academy of Engineering. 2021-22
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Tetfund) Fund for Overseas Conference Attendance 2019.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant 2019.
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Tetfund) 2016-2017 Institution Based Research Fund.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Tenable in the United Kingdom (2011/2012-2014/2015).
- Esso Postgraduate Scholarship Award for Nigerian Masters' Degree (2008-2009).
- NNPC/Chevron Nigeria Ltd Undergraduate Studies Scholarship Award (2001-2005).