Giuseppe Fico is a Senior Researcher affiliated to the Photonic and Bioengineering Department at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. He is leading the health area at the Life Supporting Technologies Research Group, directed by Prof. Maria Teresa Arredondo.
PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Giuseppe is working with the most important stakeholders in healthcare (research academies and institutions, to large industries, SMEs and startups, public and private institutions, associations and societies) in flagship research, innovation, strategic and policy initiatives, aiming to improve outcomes in health and social care systems, such as:
- The European Innovation Parthership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIPonAHA, https://ec.europa.eu/eip/ageing/home_en)
- The European Institute for Innovation & Technology on Health (EIT-Health, https://www.eithealth.eu)
- The Health Technology Assessment and Clinical Engineering Divisions of the International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE, http://2016.ifmbe.org/)
- The Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI, https://aioti.eu/)
Moreover he is acting as:
- Technical Manager of the ACTIVAGE Large Scale Pilot (H2020, http://www.activageproject.eu/)
- Technical Manager of the BD2Decide project (H2020, http://www.bd2decide.eu/).
- Project Manager of the MiniQ (EIT Health, https://www.eithealth.eu/mini-q)
- Project Manager of the EIT Health Living Labs and Testbeds Network (EIT Health, https://www.eithealth.eu/accelerator/pmfit)
- Lecturer of courses in Biomedical Engineering and Telecomunication Engineering at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Initiator of strategic cooperation frameworks between the LifeSTech research group and relevant private or public healthcare institutions.
He is author of more than 50 scientific publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.