I am a final year PhD student in Mathematics. Before coming to Warwick I completed a BA and MMath (Part III) at the University of Cambridge. A detailed CV, research and teaching statements are available upon request.
I am broadly interested in Probability Theory and Mathematical Physics. More specifically I have done some work in interacting particle systems, random matrix theory, stochastic surface growth and decay processes and the study of dynamics on branching graphs.
Publications and Preprints
- Random surface growth and Karlin-McGregor polynomials, available from https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.10444.
- A matrix Bougerol identity and the Hua-Pickrell measures, available from https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.09915.
- Hua-Pickrell diffusions and Feller processes on the graph of spectra, available from https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.01813.
- Intertwinings for general beta Laguerre and Jacobi processes, available from htpps://arxiv.org/abs/1609.03764.
- Interlacing diffusions, with N. O'Connell and J. Warren, available from htpps://arxiv.org/abs/1607.07182.
Awards and Honors
- EPSRC scholarship 2014-18.
- Thomas Bond Sprague Prize 2014: Top student in Part III for Probability theory and related fields.
- Bartlett Prize 2014.
- Part III Examination Prize 2014.
- Senior Scholar Trinity College 2012-13, 2013-14.
- Junior Scholar Trinity College 2011-12.
- 'TBA', Probability seminar, University of Cambridge, 30 Jan. 2018.
- 'TBA', Probability seminar, University College Dublin, 24 Jan. 2018.
- 'Determinantal structures in (2+1)-dimensional growth and decay models', Oberseminar stochastics, Hausdorff Center of Mathematics, Bonn, 30 Nov. 2017.
- 'Determinantal structures in (2+1)-dimensional growth and decay models', Mathematical Physics and Probability seminar, University of Warwick, 21 Nov. 2017.
- 'A matrix Bougerol identity and the Hua-Pickrell measures', Mathematical Physics and Probability seminar, University of Warwick, 24 Oct. 2017.
- 'Extended determinantal kernels and applications', Mathematical Physics reading seminar, University of Bristol, 28 Mar. 2017.
- 'Stochastic dynamics for the Hua-Pickrell measures' I & II, Mathematical Physics and Probability seminar, University of Warwick, 7 and 14 Mar. 2017.
- 'Asymptotic representation theory and dynamics on branching graphs', Postgraduate seminar, University of Warwick, 9 Nov. 2016.
- 'Interlacing diffusions', Randomness in Physics and Mathematics ZiF summer school, Bielefeld University, 17 Aug. 2016.
- 'Intertwinings and interlacings', CCA-MASDOC-oxPDE Student Conference, University of Cambridge, 18 Mar. 2016.
- Several talks in reading groups including 'The six vertex model and the Izergin-Korepin formula', 'Unimodularity and Mass Transport principle in Percolation'.
Conferences, Workshops, Schools, Research Visits
- Visitor at KTH, Stockholm. 25 Feb.- 10 Mar. 2018.
- Visitor at University College Dublin 22-27 Jan. 2018.
- Classical and Quantum Motion in Disordered Environment. A random event in honour of Ilya Goldsheid, Queen Mary University of London, 18-22 Dec. 2017.
- Visitor at CNRS Marseille, 4-8 Dec. 2017.
- Visitor at Hausdorff Center of Mathematics, Bonn, 29 Nov.-1 Dec. 2017.
- Spectral properties of large random objects, summer school, IHES, Bures-Sur-Yvette, 17-28 Jul. 2017.
- Visitor at University of Bristol, 27-31 Mar. 2017.
- Visiting scientist at thematic trimester Combinatorics and Interactions, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, 17 Feb.- 2 Mar. 2017.
- Workshop on Asymptotic Representation Theory, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, 20-24 Feb. 2017.
- Visitor at Rennes University, 11-14 Dec. 2016.
- Random Product Matrices: New Developments and Applications, Bielefeld University, 22-26 Aug. 2016.
- Randomness in Physics and Mathematics ZiF summer school, Bielefeld University, 8-20 Aug. 2016.
- UK Easter Probability Meeting 2016: Random structures arising in Physics and Analysis, University of Lancaster, 4-8 Apr. 2016.
- Probabilistic models: from discrete to continuous, University of Warwick, 29 Mar.- Apr. 2016.
- Random Matrix Theory and Strongly Correlated Systems, University of Warwick, 21-24 Mar. 2016.
- Les Houches summer school: Stochastic Processes and Random Matrices, Ecole de Physique des Houches, 6-31 Jul. 2015.
- MASDOC summer school: Topics in renormalisation group theory and regularity structures, University of Warwick, 11-15 May 2015.
- ST220 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics: Term 1 2017-18.
- MA4F7 Brownian Motion: Term 2 2015-16, 2016-17.
t.assiotis [at] warwick.ac.uk