Dr Randa Herzallah
Dr Randa Herzallah
Teaching Responsibilities 2022/23:
My research perspective is very multi-discipline based, including expertise across computing and applied mathematics, quantum systems, Mechatronics engineering, multiagent systems, formation control, synchronization of complex dynamical systems, bioinformatics data analysis, time series, signal processing, Robotics, adaptive critics and dynamic programming, statistical pattern processing, and machine learning.
I also work with industrially related problems to analyse data that is generated in real context by various IoT devices and solve real world problems that changes dynamically over time. This included projects in the areas of biomedical signal processing, anomaly detection (ex. leak detection, and ground penetrating radar pipeline detection), operational research and smart scheduling systems, decentralised control of power systems, and quantum system control.
Most relevant recent publications: examples of recent publications are
- Randa Herzallah, David Lowe and Yazan Qarout. Probabilistic Message-Passing Control. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 2021. 1109/TSMC.2021.3096133.
- Christina Kozia and Randa Herzallah. Advanced Fusion and Empirical Mode Decomposition-Based Filtering Methods for Breathing Rate Estimation from Seismocardiogram Signals. Information. 2021.
- Randa Herzallah and Yuyang Zhou. An Efficient Message Passing Algorithm for Decentrally Controlling Complex Systems. International Journal of Control. 2021.
- Randa Herzallah and Yuyang Zhou. Probabilistic Decentralised Control and Message Passing Framework for Future Grid. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2021.
- Yuyang Zhou and Randa Herzallah. Probabilistic message passing control for complex stochastic switching systems. Journal of Franklin Institute. 2021.
- Randa Herzallah. Decentralised Probabilistic Consensus Control for Stochastic Complex Dynamical Networks. IEEE Control Systems Letters. Volume 5, No. 2, April 2021. 10.1109/LCSYS.2020.3004234.
- Randa Herzallah and Yuyang Zhou. A Tracking Error Based Fully Probabilistic Control for Stochastic Discrete Time Systems with Multiplicative Noise. Journal of Vibration and Control. Volume 26, Issue 23-24, pages 2329-2339. 2020.
- Yuyang Zhou and Randa Herzallah. DOBC based Fully Probability Design for Stochastic Systems with the Multiplicative Noise. IEEE Access. Volume 8, pages 34225-34235. 2020.
- Randa Herzallah. Probabilistic Message Passing for Decentralised Control of Stochastic Complex Systems. IEEE Access. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2961165.
- Randa Herzallah. A Fully Probabilistic Design for Tracking Control for Stochastic Systems with Input Delay. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. DOI: 1109/TAC.2020.3032091.
- Randa Herzallah. A Fully Probabilistic Design for Stochastic Systems with Input Delay. International Journal of Control. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179.2020.1742386.
- Randa Herzallah. Generalised Probabilistic Control Design for Uncertain Stochastic Control Systems. Asian Journal of Control. 2018. doi: 10.1002/asjc.1717.
- Herzallah and D. Lowe. PMAC: probabilistic multimodality adaptive control. International Journal of Control. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179.2018.1523567.
- Herzallah and Miroslav Karny. Towards probabilistic synchronization of local controllers. International Journal of Systems Science. 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207721.2016.1197979.
- M. Abdulla and R. Herzallah. Probabilistic multiple model neural network based leak detection system: Experimental study. Journal of loss prevention in the process industries, 36: 30-38, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2015.05.009.
Recent research grants:
EP/V048074/1: EPSRC - Principal-Investigator. Quantum Zealous Fully Probabilistic control. 2020.
KTP12026: Innovate UK - Principal-Investigator. Smart Scheduling System for ARCUS holdings. 2019.
RPG-2017-337: Leverhulme trust - Principal-Investigator. Control of Behavioural Dynamics. 2018.
DSTLX1000113832: DSTL - Co-Investigator. Nash Isometric. 2017.
Living Planit - Project Manager. “Surprise” in Smart City Data Analytics. 2016.
Isansys - Principal-Investigator. ECG-Derived Biosignals. 2016