Dr Shreyas Mandre
Teaching Responsibilities 2020/21:
Term 1: MA244 Analysis III
Term 2: MA3D1 Fluid Dynamics
Research Interests: Partial differential equations, fluid and solid mechanics, asymptotic and perturbation methods, computational methods, engineering science
Recent awards & prizes:
2018: Distinguished Scholar Award from the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Summer School at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
See my Google Scholar profile for complete list. Here I list some interesting papers:
- Dynamics and stability of running on rough terrains
N Dhawale, S Mandre, M VenkadesanRoyal Society Open Science 6 (3), 181729, 2019.
- Surface tension of flowing soap films
A Sane, S Mandre, I KimJournal of Fluid Mechanics 841, R2, 2018.(read "Tension grips the flow" by Mahesh M. Bandi in the Focus on Fluids segment of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics about this paper.)
- Curvature-induced stiffening of a fish fin
K Nguyen, N Yu, MM Bandi, M Venkadesan, S MandreJournal of The Royal Society Interface 14 (130), 20170247, 2017.
- Controllable biomimetic birdsong
A Mukherjee, S Mandre, L MahadevanJournal of the Royal Society Interface 14 (133), 20170002, 2017.
- Linear stability analysis for monami in a submerged seagrass bed R Singh, MM Bandi, A Mahadevan, S MandreJournal of Fluid Mechanics 786, R1, 2016.
- Capillary interactions between nearby interfacial objects
A He, K Nguyen, S MandreEurophysics Letters 102 (3), 38001, 2013.
- Precursors to splashing of liquid droplets on a solid surface
S Mandre, M Mani, MP BrennerPhysical review letters 102 (13), 134502, 2009
- Short-time dynamics of partial wetting
JC Bird, S Mandre, HA StonePhysical review letters 100 (23), 234501, 2008.
Personal Homepage: TBA