I am a final year PhD student under the supervision of Dr. Vedran Sohinger, due to graduate in August 2023. I completed an MMath in 2019 at the University of Warwick.
My research is in nonlinear dispersive PDEs and many-body quantum problems. In particular, I am studying how Gibbs measures arise microscopically for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation.
Publications and Preprints:
- A microscopic derivation of Gibbs measures for the 1D focusing cubic nonlinear Schrödinger equation (with Vedran Sohinger), Preprint 2022, 42 pages.
- August 2022: A microscopic derivation of Gibbs measures for the 1D focusing cubic nonlinear Schrödinger equation, Quantissima in the Serenissima IV: Contributed Talk.
- June 2022: A microscopic derivation of Gibbs measures for the 1D focusing cubic nonlinear Schrödinger equation, MCQM 2022, Como: Contributed Talk.
- March 2022: Probabilistic Approaches to Well-Posedness of PDEs: Warwick SPAAM Seminar.
- June 2021: Constructing Gibbs measures for the 1D nonlinear Schrödinger equation, Warwick Postgraduate Seminar.
I am an organiser for the Warwick Junior Analysis and Probability Seminar. If you are interested in giving a talk, please send me an email at a <dot> Rout <at> warwick <dot> ac <dot> uk.
- Supervisor for first year maths students
My email is: a <dot> Rout <at> warwick <dot> ac <dot> uk.
I have been known to participate in the occasional quiz.