I am a second year PhD student in algebraic number theory, under the supervision of Prof. Samir Siksek and Prof. David Loeffler. My current interests include studying both elliptic and hyperelliptic curves and their Jacobians, although I've also enjoyed playing around with various aspects of computational and analytic number theory.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Background: After finishing my B.Sc. (Hons) degree at Stellenbosch University in 2018, I completed my MASt (Part III) at the University of Cambridge in 2020, where I also wrote a short essay on large prime gaps. For more information on my background, see my CV.
- Supervisor to first year maths undergraduates (21/22)
- Teaching assistant for MA4H9 Modular Forms (Term 2, 21/22)
- Teaching assistant for MA3A6 Algebraic Number Theory (Term 1, 21/22)
- Supervisor to first year maths undergraduates (20/21)
- Potential good reduction of hyperelliptic curves (arXivLink opens in a new window), January 2022.
- First year projects on Reduction of Hyperelliptic Curves and L-values of Twisted Elliptic Curves, September 2021.
- A short mini-project on the Abel-Jacobi map.
- Computing dimensions of spaces of modular forms (pdf), BSc project, 2018.