This Student Chapter is run and organised by a committee of PhD students all of whom are involved with applied mathematical research here at Warwick.
What we do
We aim to promote and encourage applied mathematical and computational research here at Warwick by bringing together a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate students (as well as staff!) from different academic disciplines. This facilitates the growth of the interdisciplinary research community here at Warwick and provides a platform for both students and staff to showcase the real-world and industrial applications of their research to a diverse audience.
To achieve these goals we plan on hosting a wide range of events throughout the academic year, including:
- a student-led SPAAM Seminar Series, which showcases some of the applied mathematics research currently being undertaken here at Warwick.
- virtual conferences (to be announced for 2020-21).
- problem solving days (involving industrial partners of Warwick).
- workshop days.
How to get involved
If you would like to subscribe to our mailing list and stay up-to-date with our latest seminar series, conferences, problem solving days and other applied mathematics related activities - including funding opportunities - please do the following:
1. Visit http://mailman1.csv.warwick.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/siam-chapter-members and fill in your details (no need for a password, it will create one automatically if left blank).
2. Check your inbox (and spam folder!) and confirm you want to be added to the mailing list.
3. Wait for approval from an administrator (this may take a day or two).
Please do check your junk folder periodically once you've signed up as our emails may be directed there by accident! :(
SIAM Student Membership
If you are interested, or would like to get involved in, state-of-the-art applied mathematical research, we strongly encourage you to join the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). Membership provides a great opportunity to connect with professional applied mathematicians and, thanks to Warwick's Student Chapter, membership is free for all Warwick students.
Please see the SIAM Student Membership page for a full list of benefits and further details on how to sign up. If you do sign up, please indicate your association with the Warwick Student Chapter as this helps us show SIAM that our chapter is alive and well.
For questions, comments or suggestions to anything seen here, please feel free to contact our committee members.
|Seminar Organisers||Haoran Ni and Diogo Caetano|
|Events Officer||Nayef Shkeir|
|Faculty Advisor||Martin Lotz|