Sage Days (Algorithms in Number Theory and FLINT)
Scientific Organisers: John Cremona, William Hart, Marco Streng, Fredrik Johansson.
Administrative Organisers: Hazel Higgens, Annette Anderson
A Sage Days workshop around the theme of Algorithms in Number Theory and FLINT.
Sage is an Open Source distribution of mathematical software. See http://www.sagemath.org/
FLINT (Fast Library for Number Theory) is a fast Open Source C library for support of computations in Number Theory which is a component of Sage. See http://www.flintlib.org/
See below for further details on the aims of this Sage Days.
Where and when
Warwick University in the UK http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/general/institute
17 - 22nd December 2011 (the formal program will finish on the afternoon of the 21st, but participants may arrive on the 16th and/or depart on the 22nd if they wish). The lecture room will be available from 9am until 10pm daily.
All talks and registration will take place in the Zeeman building on campus. There will be signs on the building directing you to the MRC for registration. All talks will be in MS.03 and the provided meals will be in the maths common room. The accommodation is about 15 minutes walk from the lecture room. For the few people in math houses it is 25 minutes walk.
Programme and abstracts
Here is a list of all registered participants
Invited participants and speakers
- Martin Albrecht (*) (LIP6, Paris)
- Jeroen Demeyer (Ghent)
- Maarten Derickx (*) (Leiden)
- Burcin Erocal (Kaiserslautern)
- Mike Hansen (*)
- David Harvey (*) (UNSW)
- Fredrik Johansson (*) (RISC)
- David Howden (Warwick)
- Simon King (*) (Friedrich-Schiller)
- Martin Lee
François Morain (LIX, Paris)
- Andy Novocin (*) (Waterloo)
- Sebastian Pancratz (*) (Oxford)
- Nigel Smart (*) (Bristol)
- Arne Storjohann (*) (Waterloo)
- Mark van Hoeij (*) (Florida)
- Paul Zimmermann (*) (Loria, Nancy)
Aims of the workshop
- Present and discuss recent algorithmic developments in Computational Number Theory.
- Introduce Sage to UK Number Theorists.
- Introduce Sage to Warwick researchers, postgrads and undergrads.
- Foster collaborations between UK researchers (including the large Computational Number Theory group at Warwick) and other Sage contributors.
We wish to acknowledge the support of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council in the UK (EPSRC) for the funding for this conference, made available to us via Warwick University and the Warwick Maths Department.
SageFlintDays (last edited 2012-01-05 12:33:00 by mstreng)
Where possible, visitors should obtain an EDUROAM account from their own university to enable internet access whilst at Warwick.
You can register for any of the symposia or workshops online. To see which registrations are currently open and to submit a registration, please click here.
Mathematics Research Centre
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL - UK