Please join the WMI Colloquium in-person in B3.02 or on MS Teams via the below link:
Additional colloquia, titles and abstracts will be added as details become available.
Colloquia take place on Friday afternoons at 4.00pm, currently in a hybrid format in B3.02 and on MS Teams. They are directed towards a general mathematical audience. In particular, one of the functions of these colloquia is to inform non-specialists and graduate students about recent trends, ideas and results in some area of mathematics, or a closely related field.
Autumn Term 2022/23
- 07 October 2022: Michela Ottobre (Heriot-Watt) Interacting Particle systems and (Stochastic) Partial Differential equations: modelling, analysis and computation
- 14 October 2022: David Rand (Warwick) An appreciation of Christopher Zeeman
- 21 October 2022: Pierre Raphael (Cambridge) Singularity formation for super critical waves
- 28 October 2022: Tom Gur (Warwick Computer Science) Quantum algorithms and additive combinatorics
- 4 November 2022: Giovanni Alberti (Pisa) Small sets in Geometric Measure Theory and Analysis
- 11 November 2022: Yan Fyodorov (King's College London) "Escaping the crowds": extreme values and outliers in rank-1 non-normal deformations of GUE/CUE
- 18 November 2022: Tim Austin (UCLA) Some recent developments around entropy in ergodic theory
- 25 November 2022: - cancelled -
- 2 December 2022: Tara Brendle (Glasgow) Twists and trivializations: encoding symmetries of manifolds
- 9 December 2022: John Baez (UC Riverside) Category Theory in Epidemiology