Please join the WMI Colloquium on MS Teams via the below link:
Additional colloquia, titles and abstracts will be added as details become available.
Colloquia take place on Friday afternoons at 4.00pm on MS Teams. They are directed towards a general mathematical audience. In particular, one of the functions of these colloquia is to inform non-specialists and graduate students about recent trends, ideas and results in some area of mathematics, or a closely related field.
Autumn Term 2020/21
- 09 October 2020: Martin Lotz (Warwick) Concentration of Measure, Integral Geometry and Optimization
- 16 October 2020: Minhyong Kim (Warwick) Recent progress on Diophanine Equations in Two Variables
- 23 October 2020: James Sprittles (Warwick) Noisy Nanofluidics
- 30 October 2020: Hong Liu (Warwick) Sublinear expander, cycles and graph minors
- 06 November 2020: Felix Schulze (Warwick)
- 13 November 2020: Vedran Sohinger (Warwick)
- 20 November 2020:
- 27 November 2020: Ronald Solomon (Ohio State) Highlights from the Classification of the Finite Simple Groups
- 04 December 2020:
- 11 December 2020: Kathryn Lindsey (Boston College)
Spring Term 2020/21