Please join the WMI Colloquium in-person in B3.02 or on MS Teams via the below link:
Additional colloquia, titles and abstracts will be added as details become available.
Colloquia take place on Friday afternoons at 4.00pm, currently in a hybrid format in B3.02 and on MS Teams. They are directed towards a general mathematical audience. In particular, one of the functions of these colloquia is to inform non-specialists and graduate students about recent trends, ideas and results in some area of mathematics, or a closely related field.
Autumn Term 2023/24
- 06 October 2023: Anne-Sophie Kaloghiros (Brunel)
- 13 October 2023: Nick Higham (Manchester) The Power of Bidiagonal Matrices
- 20 October 2023: Colva Roney-Dougal (St Andrews)
- 27 October 2023:
- 3 November 2023: Henna Koivusalo (Bristol)
- 10 November 2023: —Impact Colloquium—
- 17 November 2023: Jon Chapman (Oxford)
- 24 November 2023: Aretha Teckentrup (Edinburgh)
- 1 December 2023: Julian Sahasrabudhe (Cambridge)
- 8 December 2023: