Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Teaching and Learning notice board

Teaching and Learning notice board Lecture capture

You need to be logged in to post in this topic.
  1. *Message posted on behalf of AV services* Hi, The encoding and publishing functions of Camtasia Relay have been transferred to an ITS-supported server. This will give full ITS support and backup to these processes and will make the overall system more reliable in the long term. Please note that, to continue making recordings using Camtasia Relay, it will be necessary to uninstall all copies of the software which you may have on machines or USB sticks, and download and reinstall the software from the server. This is because the software is customised to communicate with a specific server, so if you run your existing copies, they will try to link up to the wrong server. All existing recordings are unaffected by this change, though when you log in to the server (using a browser athttps://lectcap.warwick.ac.uk ), your list of existing recordings will be empty. This is because the new server has no record of you having made these recordings; however, you will still be able to access the recordings using Sitebuilder. For a brief introduction and some “how-to” videos, please visit http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/servicessupport/av/lecturecapture/ Any other questions, please ask. Best Regards Roger Lindley Audio Visual Services www.warwick.ac.uk/go/av

2. Re: Lecture capture
    *Message posted on behalf of AV services* Hi, Camtasia Relay has been updated to version 4, so we will be upgrading the server some time next week (w/c 13/2/12). It is reading week so I am assuming that the majority of you will be taking a break from your usual weekly recordings. However, if you are planning to do recordings, please let me know and I will try to make sure the server is available. It is not clear whether it will be necessary to upgrade your recorder software, but I will get in touch again if it is necessary. The new version includes some new features such as support for webcams, so maybe some of you will be brave enough to show your face on your recordings ……..? Regards Roger

3. Re: Lecture capture
    *Message posted on behalf of AV services* Hi, Updating the server is now complete. The updated version of the server software works OK with previous versions of the recorder software, so you can carry on using your existing copies of the Recorder. Do feel free to try out the new Recorder – you can download it in the same way as you downloaded the recorder originally. I have tested the standard features but not the webcam, yet. As always, make sure it works OK before you do any “serious” recording. Best Regards Roger Lindley Audio Visual Services

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Forum followers

Follower data is not currently available.

Search results