I have a long-standing collaboration with CFSA, initially in the complex systems aspects of space plasma physics, now broadened to include laboratory plasmas and climate.
CURRENT AND RECENT POSITIONS
- February 2018: Sabbatical Visitor to Santa Fe Institute
- Academic Year 2017-2018: Visiting the Centre for Space Physics, at Boston University
- 2013- Visiting Professor, Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, School of Engineering & Innovation, Open University, UK
- Since 2014, Visiting Professor, Centre for the Analysis of Time Series, LSE, UK.
- Since 2000, Associate Fellow, CFSA, University of Warwick, UK.
NOTABLE RECENT RESEARCH AWARDS
- Grant to support ongoing collaboration with Dr Nicholas Moloney of the London Mathematical Laboratory
- Invited Visitor to Advanced Study Group Statistical Physics and Anomalous Dynamics of Foraging, at Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems (MPIPKS). Dresden. Funded by ONR Global, and also hosted at the Metzler group, University of Potsdam.
- Senior Researcher Guest Scientist, MPIPKS, Dresden
RECENT MEETINGS CO-CONVENED
- 2016 Real World Risks and Extremes: Correlation and Quantification, Warwick Business School at the Shard, London. Blogged at the Cabot Institute
- 2016 Ergodicity Breaking and Anomalous Dynamics, Mathematics Institute, Warwick University.
RECENT COMMITTEE SERVICE
- 2009-2019 Member of the committee of the UK Institute of Physics Nonlinear & Complex Physics Group
Presenting response of our team (led by Ilaria Prosdocimi, Bath) to challenge 3: "Estimating Flood Probability Using Historical Data" at Environmental Modelling in Industry study group, 3rd-6th April 2017 at the Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge
My talk "Fact versus formula in the power spectra of complex systems" at the 2016 CONES meeting, King's College London, Centre for Doctoral Training in Cross-Disciplinary Approaches to Non-Equilibrium Systems.
I participated in the BBC Radio 3 programme, "the Mind's Eye" which was chosen by the BBC for their 2016 Must-Listen Podcast Episodes
Centre for Fusion, Space & Astrophysics
Department of Physics
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL