Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Reference Request

This form can be used to request a reference from a nominated member of staff in the Department of Statistics, if you do not currently have a personal contact with an academic who can write you a reference.

  • Your first reference should be your personal tutor.
  • If you are currently doing a research project, your second reference should be your project supervisor.
  • If you have a personal contact with another academic such as a previous personal tutor, you may ask them individually to write your second reference.

Please note that the reference will only be supplied if the following conditions are met;

  1. You must complete a separate form for each application that you need a reference for.
  2. You must complete the form before submitting your application. You should do this at least one week before the application submission deadline.
  3. You will be sent the contact details of the nominated member of staff and must enter the provided contact details in your application. Entering the contact details for a person who has not been nominated will mean that you will not be given a reference.
Year of Study (required)
If you are completing this form between June and October, please state the academic year that relates to the year of student entered e.g. Year 1 20/21 or Year 2 21/22.

Details of company or university address for the reference letter

Attach file
No files are currently attached.
Privacy notice

The data on this form will be used to send you the information you have requested. We will store the fact that you have requested the information and your contact details to receive the information, but we will not send you any information beyond that which you have requested, nor will we use the data for any other purpose.

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. Please submit any data subject rights requests to or address any complaints or suspected breaches to the University's Data Protection Officer at

Spam prevention