Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Central Support

Handbook Contents

1 General Information
2 Course Regulations and Progression
3 Module Selection and Course Transfers
4 Teaching, Learning and Study
5 Examinations and Assessment
6 Pastoral Care and Support
7 Student Voice
8 Careers and Personal Development
9 University Information

6.4 Central Support

Wellbeing Support

Wellbeing Support offers an access point to all Wellbeing services – following a short consultation, they will refer you to the most appropriate Wellbeing colleagues for support. In addition, the Wellbeing Support team offers advice and support appointments on a wide range of issues. If there is something troubling you, or hindering you from focusing on your studies you can talk to Wellbeing Support.

The issues may be:

  • practical - for example, difficulties with accommodation
  • emotional - family difficulties, homesickness, support through a disciplinary process
  • wellbeing-related - concerns about your wellbeing and how you can better manage it, or that of another member of the University community
  • safety-related - concerns about security, harassment or crime

Wellbeing Support is located on the ground floor of Senate House. To access services, submit an enquiry through or telephone 02476575570.

Living Well at Warwick provides a range of workshops, online resources and information about wellbeing development opportunities.

Counselling and Psychology Interventions Team

The Counselling and Psychology Interventions Team makes up part of the network of support for all students at any level of study. The team offers students opportunities to access professional support to help them better develop and fulfil their personal, academic and professional potential. There are a wide variety of services, including individual counselling, group sessions, workshops and email counselling.

Students engage with the Counselling and Psychology Interventions Team to work through issues such as depression, anxiety, or problems with self/identity or interpersonal relationships. Counselling and psychology can help with exploring issues to develop insight and bring about positive change to psychological and emotional distress.

The Counselling and Psychology Interventions Team is located on the ground floor in Senate House. To access these services, submit an enquiry through

Disability Services

The University offers a wide range of support services to students with disabilities and encourages a positive climate of disclosure. Students with disabilities can seek advice and support through the Disability Services team in Wellbeing Support Services. Further information relating to the University’s provision for students with disabilities is available at Academic Departments, the Dean of Students’ Office, the Students’ Union, the Health Centre and other teams in Wellbeing Support Services can also offer advice and guidance to students with disabilities. Further information can be found at

The Disability Services team in Wellbeing Support Services can also provide information and guidance to staff supporting students with disabilities, also in relation to inclusive teaching and learning practices, the accessibility of course resources, assessment and delivery. Further information is available at

University Dean of Students and Faculty Senior Tutors

The University Dean of Students works closely with Faculty Senior Tutors to assist students and to promote and develop the academic support of students, individually and collectively.

The Dean of Students and Faculty Senior Tutors are experienced members of academic staff whom students can turn to in confidence for support regarding difficulties with their studies, which they have been unable to resolve with departmental Personal and departmental Senior Tutors.

The University Dean of Students has overall responsibility for the development of the personal tutor system, but no disciplinary function. Issues typically dealt with by the Dean of Students’ Office include: academic course issues unresolved at the departmental level; advice on temporary withdrawal; appeals against academic decisions; academic complaints; ongoing difficulties with a Personal Tutor, Course Tutors or Supervisors; and problems with termination of registration proceedings.

The Dean of Students’ Offices are located on the First Floor of the Senate House (open Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm). In the first instance, please contact the appropriate Faculty Senior Tutor ( The Dean of Students can be contacted on: or telephone the Offices on 024 76522761.

Residential Life Team

All students who have accommodation on campus have access to the Residential Life Team support network. The Residential Life Team works and lives alongside students within the Halls of Residence. Resident Tutors are there to help with a wide range of matters including personal or family problems, feeling lonely or homesick, problems with accommodation, and when students are not sure where to get help or who to talk to. Resident Tutors in students’ accommodation are their primary point of contact, if unavailable, students are advised to contact the Residential Life Team. The Residential Life Team can be contacted via email at or telephone 024 765 75570.

International Students Office

The International Students Office supports all EU and international students during their studies at Warwick and is able to assist with immigration advice (a free and confidential service advising on issues including visa extensions, dependant visas, working in the UK during or after study, travel visas, etc.); practical support (bringing family to the UK, Police registration, providing letters to prove student status for visa purposes, banking); and the International Student Experience (social events and trips for international students and their families, and the opportunity to take part in Host UK visits).

Immigration Advice for Students

Advice on immigration can only be obtained via authorised staff who are deemed to meet the Immigration Services Commissioner’s Code of Standard and Guidance. You should contact the Immigration Team () or the Students’ Union Advice Centre () in the first instance for immigration advice. It is also worth noting that changes in your enrolment status, for instance, temporary withdrawal, can have implications for your ability to hold a visa to remain in the UK and you may wish to seek advice accordingly. You will find more information from the Immigration Service here: The International Students Office is located on the first floor of University House Building (open Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm) and can be contacted by telephone on 024 765 23706 or via:

University Health Centre

Students resident on campus and in some local areas should register with the University Health Centre. Students must be registered in order to use the Health Centre, although the Centre may be able to assist non-registered people in emergencies.

The Health Centre provides primary health care GP services to registered patients; two medical practices with both male and female doctors; nurse practitioners and Practice Nurses; sexual health clinics; travel clinics and immunisation facilities. Students should visit the Health Centre if they require a consultation with a doctor or nurse, an emergency appointment, emergency contraception, vaccinations or advice on vaccinations, and sickness certification.

Students living off-campus, who are not able to register with the health centre, can locate their nearest GP by visiting:

The University Health Centre is located on Health Centre Road and can be contacted by telephone on 024 765 24888

Students’ Union Advice Centre

The Students’ Union Advice Centre provides free, independent, nonjudgmental, impartial and confidential advice to Warwick students. It offers the service to all Students’ Union members irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief. The Advice Centre acts on behalf of and in the interests of their clients independently of the University and other agencies.

Some of the main areas of advice provided by the Advice Centre are:

  • Academic advice: appeals, complaints, change of course and problems, temporary or permanent withdrawal, any University Committee proceedings (continuation of registration, cheating or plagiarism, fitness to practice, fitness to attend, fees and other monies owed to the University)
  • Housing advice: campus accommodation, university and private housing, landlord and tenant disputes, tenants’ rights, repairs and deposits.
  • Disciplinary advice: If you are involved in any incident that is investigated under the Disciplinary Regulations, the Advice Centre recommends contacting them to get advice as early on in the process as possible.
  • Personal advice: Health, sexuality, harassment
  • Consumer advice: faulty goods, utility bills, mobile phone and computer problems.
  • Employment advice: tax and national insurance, non-payment of wages, terms and conditions of employment.

This is not an exhaustive list of what the Advice Centre does, so if you are unsure where to get help or advice contact them and they will either be able to help you or signpost you to someone who can help you.

The Advice Centre is on the second floor of SU HQ (open Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm). It will see students usually by appointment or can be reached by telephone on 024 765 72824 or email:

Student Funding

The Student Funding team offers advice and guidance on all aspects of financial support. This includes government grants and loans, and scholarships and bursaries provided directly by the University. The team can provide budgeting advice to help make students’ money go further and also administers University hardship funds.

Students should visit Student Funding if they want to know what financial support they may be entitled to; want to know more about the scholarships and bursaries; are having difficulty paying for day-to-day living expenses; or have additional financial needs because they care for a child or have a disability.

The Student Funding team is located on the ground floor of Senate House (open Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm) and can be contacted by telephone on 024 761 50096 or email: .

Campus Security

The Campus Security team works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to support the University community by ensuring there is a safe, secure and friendly environment for students, staff and visitors.

If you have any queries about security on campus, you can email: . You can also phone the Campus Security team on 024 765 22083.

In an emergency on campus, phone 024 765 22222 and in an emergency off-campus phone 999, which will take you through to external emergency services.

Students should always call Campus Security for emergency response requirements, i.e. first aid/ambulance/fire, safety and security issues on and off campus, mental health aid, pastoral care, facility support, outdoor event applications and entertainment support including external speaker events.

The Campus Security contact phone numbers can be found on the back of student and staff ID cards.


The Chaplaincy is a place of hospitality, safety, care and encounter. We’re here for absolutely anyone, of all faiths and none, who would appreciate the different pace of our space and the support of our Chaplains.

If you need space to reflect in the midst of a busy academic life, you can find it here. If you have a particular faith and religion, we are able to help you meet with people who share your beliefs and can help make University a time of growth for you. In addition to a large central space used by all faith groups, we have a Christian Chapel, Islamic Prayer Halls and a Jewish meeting room with Kosha kitchens on Central Campus, plus Multi Faith Prayer Rooms on Westwood and Gibbet Hill Campuses. The Chaplaincy can be contacted on 02476523519 or .