5. Examinations and Assessment
The Department of Statistics adopts the University Assessment Strategy, as approved by Senate on 29th January 2014.
- The department commits to producing an annual Assessment Handbook describing in detail the assessment procedure for each ST*** coded module. These procedures will include the format of assessment (e.g. the breakdown between examination and coursework) and the timings and due dates of any coursework.
- Whilst acknowledging that timetabled examinations will form the majority of the assessment on most ST*** coded modules the department commits to using a range of assessment methods including group work and projects across its programmes of study.
- The department plans to use plagiarism detection software (e.g. TurnitIn) where appropriate, and this will be routine on M-level dissertations.
- Teaching Committee will retain responsibility for reviewing the balance of assessment methods across the degree programme.
In this section: