"Introduction to Imaging Genetics", course at 2011 Organization for Human Brain Mapping meeting, 26 June 2011.
Organizers Thomas Nichols, University of Warwick and Jean-Baptiste Poline, Neurospin
Description This course will introduce the fundamentals of “Imaging Genetics,” the process of modeling and understanding genetic variation in brain image data. The course begins with a four-lecture genetics tutorial in the morning, designed to give imaging practitioners a quick overview of key genetics concepts and terminology. The remainder of the course covers how imagers can use genetic variables in their analyses. Specific topics include voxel-wise genome-wide models, joint multivariate modeling of imaging and genetic data, and heritability analyses of cortical surface and thickness data. The course concludes with two case studies highlighting current imaging genetics research.
Jean-Baptiste Poline, Neurospin, I2BM, CEA, France
- Molecular Basis of Genetic Variation
Thomas Nichols, University of Warwick, UK
- Structure and Analysis of Genetic Variation
Fabio Macciardi, University of California Irvine, USA
- Quantitative Traits: Heritability, Linkage & Association
David Glahn, Yale University, USA
- Motivation for Imaging Genetics
Stephen Potkin, University of California Irvine, USA
- Overview of Neuroimaging Phenotypes
Hervé Lemaître, INSERM, CEA, SHFJ, France
- Univariate Approaches: Multiple Testing & Voxelwise WGA
Jason Stein, University of California Los Angeles, USA
- Multivariate Approaches: Joint Modeling of Imaging & Genetic Data
Bertrand Thirion, Neurospin, INRIA, France
- Multivariate Phenotypes for association and linkage
Peter Kochunov, University of Maryland, USA
- Case Study I: Imaging Genetics of Schizophrenia
Ty Cannon, University of California Los Angeles, USA
- Case Study II: Imaging genetics of Alzheimer Disease: The ADNI Experience
Andrew Saykin, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA
See also our OHBM 2010 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2012 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2013 Imaging Genetics course.
See also our OHBM 2014 Imaging Genetics course.