Bash Shell Scripts
Life in a Shell
A series of talks on introduction to working with linux for scientific computing
- Life in a shell: Becoming a Linux power user (slowly) Slides [PDF] | Example files Sandbox.zip
- Life in a shell: Shells, variables and basic commands: Slides [PDF]
- Life in a shell: Shells, variables and basic commands, a yet more basic talk Slides [PDF]
- Other resoruces on the web
- Encylopedic Advanced Bash Scripting Guide; don't be intimidated, the first two sections are very accessible.
- Bash Tutorial, in the form of 12 worked case studies.
- awk and sed tutorials, and anything at this site http://www.theunixschool.com.
Random bash shell scripts that I find useful
Prototype bash script that I base all of my scripts on
SiteBuilder up-load script. Upload files from the command line! (Warwick-specific)
Warwick Files up-load script. Upload files from the command line! (Warwick-specific)
- Linux Group Access Control
Tips on controlling access for shared work areas on a linux cluster (possibly only useful locally to Warwick Statistics!)
Deptment of Statistics
University of Warwick
Tel: +44(0)24 761 51086
Email: t.e.nichols 'at' warwick.ac.uk
Blog: NISOx blog
Handbook of fMRI Data Analysis by Russ Poldrack, Thomas Nichols and Jeanette Mumford