List of Publications for Simon E.F. Spencer: (for pre-prints see WRAP)
- Scalable Bayesian inference for coupled hidden Markov and semi-Markov models.
Panayiota Touloupou, Bärbel Finkenstädt Rand, and Simon E.F. Spencer (2019).
Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics. Journal
- Efficient Bayesian model choice for partially observed processes: with application to an experimental transmission study of an infectious disease.
Trevelyan J. McKinley, Peter Neal, Simon E.F. Spencer, Andrew J.K. Conlan and Laurence Tiley (2019).
Bayesian Analysis. Full text
- Quantifying HIV transmission flow between high-prevalence hotspots and surrounding communities: a population-based study in Rakai, Uganda.
Oliver Ratmann, Joseph Kagaayi, Matthew Hall, Tanya Golubchick, Godfrey Kigozi, Xiaoyue Xi, Chris Wymant, Gertrude Nakigozi, Lucie Abeler-Dörner, David Bonsall, Astrid Gall, Anne Hoppe, Paul Kellam, Jeremiah Bazaale, Sarah Kalibbala, Oliver Laeyendecker, Justin Lessler, Fred Nalugoda, Larry W. Chang, Tulio de Oliveira, Deenan Pillay, Thomas C. Quinn, Steven J. Reynolds, Simon E.F. Spencer, Robert Ssekubugu, David Serwadda, Maria J. Wawer, Ronald H. Gray, Christophe Fraser, M. Kate Grabowski, the Rakai Health Sciences Program and the Pangea HIV Consortium (2019).
The Lancet HIV.
- Rhapso: Automatic stitching of mass segments from Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectra.
Remy Gavard, Diana Palacio Lozano, Alexander Guzman, David Rossell, Simon E.F. Spencer and Mark Barrow (2019).
- Pushing the analytical limits: new insights into complex mixtures using mass spectra segments of constant ultrahigh resolving power.
Diana Catalina Palacio Lozano, Remy Gavard, Juan P Arenas-Diaz, Mary J Thomas, David D Stranz, Enrique Mejía-Ospino, Alexander Guzman, Simon EF Spencer, David Rossell and Mark P Barrow (2019).
Chemical Science, 10, 6966. Full text
- Model selection for time series of count data.
Naif Alzahrani, Peter Neal, Simon E.F. Spencer, Trevelyan J. McKinley and Panayiota Touloupou (2018).
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 122, 33-44. Full text
- The role of case proximity in transmission of visceral leishmaniasis in a highly endemic village in Bangladesh.
Lloyd A.C. Chapman, Chris P. Jewell, Simon E.F. Spencer, Lorenzo Pellis, Samik Datta, Rajib Chowdhury, Caryn Bern, Graham F. Medley, T. Deirdre Hollingsworth (2018).
PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 12 (10), e0006453. Full text
- Processing of discharge summaries in general practice: A retrospective record review.
Rachel A. Spencer, Simon E.F. Spencer, Sarah Rodgers, Stephen Campbell, Anthony J. Avery (2018).
British Journal of General Practice, 68 (673), e576-e585. Full text
- Efficient model comparison techniques for models requiring large scale data augmentation.
Panayiota Touloupou, Naif Alzahrani, Peter Neal, Simon E.F. Spencer, and Trevelyan J. McKinley (2018).
Bayesian Analysis, 13 (2), 437-459. Full text
- Inferring source attribution from a multi-year multi-source dataset of Salmonella in Minnesota.
Christina Ahlstrom, Petra Muellner Simon E.F. Spencer, Samuel Hong, Amy Saupe, Albert Rovira, Craig Hedberg, Andres Perez, Ulrich Muellner and Julio Alvarez (2017).
Zoonoses and Public Health, 64 (8), 589-598. Journal
- Simulation from quasi-stationary distributions on reducible state spaces.
Adam Griffin, Paul A. Jenkins, Gareth O. Roberts and Simon E.F. Spencer (2017).
Advances in Applied Probability, 49 (3), 960-980. Journal arXiv
- Context Specificity in Causal Signaling Networks Revealed by Phosphoprotein Profiling.
Steven M. Hill, Nicole K. Nesser, Katie Johnson-Camacho, Mara Jeffress, Aimee Johnson, Chris Boniface, Simon E.F. Spencer, Yiling Lu, Laura M. Heiser, Yancey Lawrence, Nupur T. Pande, James E. Korkola, Joe W. Gray, Gordon B. Mills, Sach Mukherjee and Paul T. Spellman (2017).
Cell Systems, 4 (1), 73-83. Journal bioRXiv
- Themis: Batch preprocessing for ultrahigh-resolution mass spectra of complex mixtures.
Remy Gavard, David Rossell, Simon E. F. Spencer, and Mark P. Barrow (2017).
Analytical Chemistry, 89 (21), 11383-11390. Full text
- Model comparison with missing data using MCMC and importance sampling.
Panayiota Touloupou, Naif Alzahrani, Peter Neal, Simon E.F. Spencer, Trevelyan J. McKinley (2015).
- 'Super' or just 'above average'? Supershedders and the transmission of Escherichia coli O157:H7 among feedlot cattle.
Simon E.F. Spencer, Thomas E. Besser, Rowland N. Cobbold and Nigel P. French (2015).
Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 12 (110), 20150446. Journal Supplement
- Inferring network structure from interventional time-course experiments.
Simon E.F. Spencer, Steven M. Hill and Sach Mukherjee (2015).
Annals of Applied Statistics, 9 (1), 507-524. Journal arXiv Supplement
- Real-time growth rate for general stochastic SIR epidemics on unclustered networks.
Lorenzo Pellis, Thomas House and Simon E.F. Spencer (2015).
Mathematical Biosciences, 265, 65-81. Journal arXiv
- Osmium atoms and Os2 molecules move faster on Selenium-doped compared to Sulfur-doped Boronic graphenic surfaces.
Nicolas P.E. Barry, Anaïs Pitto-Barry, Johanna Tran, Simon E.F. Spencer, Adam Johansen, Ana M. Sanchez, Andrew P. Dove, Rachel K. O’Reilly, Robert J. Deeth, Richard Beanland and Peter J. Sadler (2015).
Chemistry of Materials, 27 (14), 5100-5105. Full text
- Quantifying the multi-scale performance of network inference algorithms.
Chris J. Oates, Richard Amos and Simon E.F. Spencer (2014).
Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, 13 (5), 611-631. Journal arXiv Supplement
- Assessing the impact of intervention delays on stochastic epidemics.
Simon E.F. Spencer and Philip D. O'Neill (2013).
Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, 15 (4), 803-820. Journal Pre-print
- Dynamic Bayesian networks for interventional data.
Simon E.F. Spencer, Steven M. Hill and Sach Mukherjee (2012).
CRiSM pre-print 12-24.
- The spatial and temporal determinants of campylobacteriosis notifications in New Zealand, 2001–2007.
Simon E.F. Spencer, Jonathan Marshall, Ruth Pirie, Donald Campbell, Michael G. Baker and Nigel P. French (2012).
Epidemiology and Infection, 140 (9), 1663-1677. Journal
- The probability of containment for multitype branching process models for emerging epidemics.
Simon E.F. Spencer and Philip D. O'Neill (2011).
Journal of Applied Probability, 48 (1), 173-188. Journal
- The detection of spatially localised outbreaks in campylobacteriosis notification data.
Simon E.F. Spencer, Jonathan Marshall, Ruth Pirie, Donald Campbell and Nigel P. French (2011).
Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology, 2 (3), 173-183. Journal
- The integration of molecular tools into veterinary and spatial epidemiology.
Petra Mullner, Ruth N. Zadoks, Andres M. Perez, Simon E.F. Spencer, Ynte H. Schukken and Nigel P. French (2011).
Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology, 2 (3), 159-171. Journal
- Utilising a combination of molecular and spatial tools to assess the effect of a public health intervention.
Petra Mullner, Jonathan Marshall, Simon E.F. Spencer, Alisdair Noble, Tui Shadbolt, Julie M. Collins-Emerson, Anne C. Midwinter, Philip E. Carter, Ruth Pirie, Daniel Wilson, Donald Campbell, Mark Stevenson and Nigel P. French (2011).
Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 102 (3), 242-253. Journal
- Bayesian zero-inflated predictive modelling of herd-level Salmonella prevalence for risk-based surveillance.
Jackie Benschop, Simon E.F. Spencer, Liz Alban, Mark Stevenson and Nigel P. French (2010).
Zoonoses and Public Health, 57, 60-70. Full text
- Molecular and spatial epidemiology of human campylobacteriosis - source association and genotype-related risk factors.
Petra Mullner, Tui Shadbolt, Julie M. Collins-Emerson, Anne C. Midwinter, Simon E.F. Spencer, Jonathan Marshall, Philip E. Carter, Donald M. Campbell, Daniel J. Wilson, Steve Hathaway, Ruth Pirie and Nigel P. French (2010).
Epidemiology and Infection, 138 (10), 1372-1383. Journal
- Molecular epidemiology of Campylobacter jejuni in a geographically isolated country with a uniquely structured poultry industry.
Petra Mullner, Julie Collins-Emerson, Anne Midwinter, Philip Carter, Simon E.F. Spencer, Peter van der Logt, Steve Hathaway and Nigel P. French (2010).
Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 76 (7), 2145-2154. Full text
- Assigning the source of human campylobacteriosis in New Zealand: A comparative genetic and epidemiological approach.
Petra Mullner, Simon E.F. Spencer, Daniel Wilson, Geoff Jones, Alisdair Noble, Anne Midwinter, Julie Collins-Emerson, Philip Carter, Steve Hathaway and Nigel P. French (2009).
Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 9 (6), 1311-1319. Journal
- Source attribution of food borne zoonoses in New Zealand: A modified Hald model.
Petra Mullner, Geoff Jones, Alisdair Noble, Simon E.F. Spencer, Steve Hathaway and Nigel P. French (2009).
Risk Analysis, 29 (7), 970-984. Journal
- Stochastic Epidemic Models for Emerging Diseases.
Simon E.F. Spencer (2008).
PhD thesis, University of Nottingham. Full text