I am currently a 2nd year PhD student in Statistics, supervised by Krzysztof Łatuszyński (Warwick) and Ewan Cameron (Oxford). I am part of a CDT programme between the University of Warwick and the University of Oxford (OxWaSP).
I am especially interested in Computational Statistics and, in particular, in Monte Carlo methods and Perfect Simulation techniques. Currently, I am working on finding efficient ways to construct Bernoulli Factory algorithms (and beyond), as well as applying them in different areas of Statistics.
Check also my website: https://giuliomorina.github.io
Talks & Posters
- 10 July 2018: From a Bernoulli Factory to a Dice Enterprise, poster and short talk at LMS Invited Lecture Series and CRISM Summer School in Computational Statistics 2018 (University of Warwick, UK)
- 26 March 2018: Poster at BayesComp 2018 (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain)
- 23 March 2018: Poster at 54th Gregynog Statistical Conference (Wales, UK)
- 7 November 2017: Bernoulli Factories, talk at Young Researchers' Meeting (University of Warwick, UK)
- 9 June 2017: Model Selection via Nested Sampling and Bernoulli Factory, talk at Algorithms & Computationally Intensive Inference seminars (University of Warwick, UK)
G dot Morina at warwick dot ac dot uk
Department of Statistics
University of Warwick
Coventry, CV4 7AL